at Terumo BCT
Posted on Jul. 26, 2017
Responsible for driving the business's strategic sourcing and procurement needs. Continuously improve the Company's purchasing practices by identifying and leading efforts to reduce procure to pay cycle times, mitigate procurement risks, gain visibility to total spend and reduce total costs. Perform spend analysis to identify new sourcing and other cost optimization opportunities to generate cost savings for assigned categories. Operates with limited supervision.
- Focuses on minimizing cost and maximizing value in the procurement process by applying best/leading practices across areas of responsibility, driving supplier rationalization strategies, supplier negotiations, spend under contract, benchmarking, and other process improvements and facilitate and lead their implementation.
- Seek out cost reduction opportunities and take initiative to achieve savings goals.
- Develops short and long term procurement strategies for assigned categories and key suppliers in support of company financial objectives.
- Participates and engages cross-functionally with other areas of the company to ensure Procurement initiatives and interests are represented.
- Compiles, analyzes and draws conclusions from information gathered for planning, developing and evaluating business programs and operations.
- Contributes to the development, implementation, improvement and oversight of procurement policies and procedures in alignment with business requirements.
- Responsible for Contract Lifecycle Management.
- Drive contract / price negotiations and management in support of the business. Liaison between functional areas and Legal.
- Manages supplier relationships, communication and overall supplier performance (Supplier Relationship Management). Drives supplier rationalization strategies ensuring optimized spend and value.
- Ensures compliance with policies and programs in alignment with sourcing strategy; and that appropriate audit trails are embedded in procurement programs, for internal audit and performance management purposes.
- Participates in processing of purchase requisitions, purchase orders and other activities to meet business expectations and requirements as required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor's degree or equivalent of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job may be considered.
Minimum 5 years experience.
- Experience with strategic sourcing, outsourcing, global sourcing, sourcing consulting services, supplier management and contract/risk management.
- Knowledge and use of relevant PC software applications and skills to use them effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Highly self-motivated team player who can work effectively with management, business unit personnel, and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with diplomacy and tact while maintaining appropriate assertiveness and persistence.
- Proven leadership skills with the demonstrated ability to influence others.
- Effective project management skills.
- Experience in planning and executing processes.
- Solid negotiation skills.
- Requires excellent facilitation expertise.
- Demonstrated analytical thinking skills and the demonstrated ability to solve complex problems.
- Basic knowledge of supervisory and management methods and techniques.
- SAP, e-Procurement experience is highly desired.
- May have direct reports to mentor and lead.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
APICS and/or CPSM certification or willingness to work towards same.
An equivalent competency level acquired through a variation of these qualifications may be considered.
- Typical Office Environment requirements include: reading, speaking, hearing, close vision, walking, bending, sitting, and occasional lifting up to 20 pounds.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential duties of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, military status or an unfavorable discharge from military service.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks. As of January 1, 2017 the Terumo BCT Lakewood, Colorado location will be a tobacco-free workplace. For more information about Terumo BCT, visit our website www.terumobct.com/careers .
Join Terumo BCT as we unlock the potential of blood. We are a global leader in blood component and cellular technologies, and the only company with the unique combination of apheresis collections, manual and automated whole blood processing, and pathogen reduction coupled with leading technologies in therapeutic apheresis and cell processing. We believe in the potential of blood to do even more for patients than it does today. This belief inspires our innovation and strengthens our collaboration with customers.
As the largest medical device manufacturing company headquartered in Colorado, we are home to more than 2,300 associates and our products are in use in more than 125 countries and territories. Our Global footprint includes more than 5,500 associates and partners with regional headquarters in Brussels, Buenos Aires, Singapore and Tokyo.
Our company has almost $1B in annual revenues and has been voted and recognized as:
- Largest corporate sponsor in Rocky Mountain Region for Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS)
- Winner of the Association for Talent Development (ATD) BEST Award for providing exceptional employee learning and talent development (2011 & 2012)
- One of Colorado's Healthiest Employers by Denver Business Journal (2014 & 2015)
- Recipient of the Way to Go Employer award through the Denver Regional Council of Governments (DRCOG) 2015
Our award-winning culture embraces:
- Leading technology through innovation and R&D
- Wellness programs
- Commitment to quality
- An environment that values, respects and rewards your individual contributions
- A philosophy of intentional growth and responsiveness to world health issues
Click Here to see what our associates have to say about our culture.
Each associate has a positive impact on our future by:
- Connecting to the lives of the patients we ultimately serve
- Growing through professional and leadership development activities
- Sharing company success through incentive plans
If you are the best at what you do and want to do work that is changing the delivery of healthcare globally, we invite you to work with us now to see how we can unlock your potential.
Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact the recruiter at:
We have preferred partners, no agency calls please
State: Colorado (US-CO)
Country: United States