Posted on Nov. 3, 2017
Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Disability Insurance, 401k / Retirement Plan
Primarily responsible for the daily boxing of the Taiyo product which is dictated by machine run speed. Maintain cleanliness and boxing area to include restocking area. Ensure accuracy of printed material coming from the press. As directed by press operator, maintain cleanliness and operation of press. Coordinate with internal agencies for required materials: Boxes, Paper, tape, ink, plate, paper, etc.
Education requirementsHigh school diploma or equivalent
Responsibilities- Performs autonomous maintenance duties and prepares press for operation and performs other job duties as assigned. This job description describes one skill (or part of a skill) within a multi-skilled production team member job. (5%)
- Assist in maintaining daily activity production reports. (5%)
- Assists press operator in moving and maintain registration color, perfs, punched, and all other printing specifications. (5%)
- Build inner and outer boxes as necessary. Places order in inner box. Inserts any necessary flyers. Places inner box in outer box. Places correct mailing label on outer box. Seals box. Places reruns and voids on shredding conveyor. Where appropriate may fill out rerun documents, use shrink wrap machine to wrap products as needed.
- Ensures correct product and inserts are placed in carton, seals the carton and applies the correct label.
- Move boxes onto roller and stage for shipping.
- Perform job make ready (Create 40 large and 150 small boxes for next shift) (30%)
- Compares run of printed products to run header sheet (proofread). - Checks names numbers, statements, wording, etc. on printed products to ensure accuracy.
- May also separate each order from the combo; make labels and inserts, box and ship order. (20%)
- Assist in inspecting printed sheets to ensure correctness in all areas of color, registration, and all other specifications at minimum of every 15 minutes. (10%)
- Prepares roll-stock for printing, open rolls and place rolls onto splicer.
- Inspect roll for defects before placing roll onto splicer. (10%)
- Washes blankets and plates and retrieve ink and place into ink foundations. (10%)
- Assists in performing job make ready (takes ink out of machine, washes fountains & rollers, etc.) (5%)
Skills- Above average accuracy skills.
- Lifts 60 lb. roll shaft to change roll.
- Exerts up to 50 lbs. occasionally, up to 20 lbs. frequently, and up to 10 lbs. constantly.
- Must be able to stand, lift and bend for an 8 hour day.
Work hours2nd Shift
Sunday-Thursday 10:00pm -6:30am
1. Fill out the "Quick Apply" Form, attach your resume, and select "APPLY NOW!"
Harland Clarke Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, handicap or disability (physical or mental), Vietnam-era or disabled veteran status, and other factors protected by state and local laws.