Posted on Nov. 28, 2016
President/EVP/SVP/Head of Commercial (B2B) Business
Empire Today® is one of the fastest growing providers of installed commercial flooring in the United States. We deliver fully-integrated B2B flooring solutions to businesses and entities of all sizes. By leveraging long-standing manufacturer relationships and a national footprint, we provide our customers, especially apartment buildings and condos, assisted living facilities, office buildings, retail stores, places of worship, as well as schools & government buildings, with the products they want, the quality they demand, installed when they need it – all with exceptional value. We’ve been growing our commercial business at a very fast rate and are now looking to find a cross-functional leader for the business to (re)structure, manage, and develop the organization.
This individual will:
• Oversee and be responsible for driving every aspect of the Commercial businesses’ performance at Empire across Sales, Operations, Installation, Marketing, Customer Service, etc., increasing the individual efficiency of each department as well as their related processes, KPIs, and controls.
• Analyze and change, as necessary, existing organizational structure, processes, and procedures to maximize the performance and growth opportunities for the business.
• Evaluate and lead integration of potential partnerships and/or acquisitions to help achieve objectives.
• Expand and strengthen strategic relationships with key customers and oversees implementation of business development and execution efforts.
• Plan, develop, direct and evaluate the group’s fiscal performance.
• Develop, train, and supervise Commercial Sales organization on sales aspects including pipeline management, people management, and selling skills.
• Manage and mentor all Commercial team personnel to develop skills and capabilities necessary for our future challenges
• Establish credibility throughout the organization and with the Board as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges.
• Serve as a member of the company’s Executive team, supporting the development and execution of the Company’s plans.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the CEO.
We expect our leaders to be able to develop and execute strategy as well as roll up their sleeves and work specific projects and efforts to improve performance… do not apply if your leadership style is best described as “directing” and you’re more comfortable staying in your office than on the move.
Desired Skills and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree, M.B.A. preferred
• At least 15 years of relevant experience in B2B/Commercial business operations, sales, & marketing
• History of successful growth of a geographically dispersed B2B-focused organization
• Strategic thinker who will roll up sleeves and execute
• Evidence of successfully leading a large sales organization to meet and exceed measurable sales and revenue goals
• Ability to work credibly as a member of the executive leadership team
• Excel in communication, relationship management, strategy and negotiation
• Strong business acumen including problem-solving, analytic skills and action plans
• Strong organizational skills with attention to details.
• Must demonstrate organization values of Customers First, Golden Rule, Teamwork, Integrity, Results
• Ability to travel appropriately (initial travel would be higher, settling down over time)