Posted on Oct. 11, 2016
We seek genuine individuals; people who are able to engage and delight our guests. We invest in training and development opportunities for all Team Members so they may grow and develop as individuals. We embrace diversity at our core and offer the opportunity for all Team Members to reach their potential as professionals. We promote social responsibility by being a good neighbor in the communities in which we reside. At Loews Hotels, we seek to create a dynamic culture that makes work interesting, challenging, fulfilling and fun.
Our mission is to safeguard the integrity of the recruitment and selection process, by continually improving standards, to prompt one defining characteristic: the willingness and commitment to offer comfort, care and everything we have in us to all who come through our doors all so our guests can relax, explore and flourish.
The Loews Don CeSar Hotel is seeking a Restaurant Server to join our team. Built in 1928 to resemble a Mediterranean-style castle, and known as Florida's "Pink Palace", the Loews Don CeSar has been revitalized and refreshed within ensuring a future as rich and storied as its history. Sugar-sand beaches, Spa Oceana, poolside and beach activities, Camp CeSar for kids and Four Diamond dining await visitors who return season after season. The Best Has Gotten Even Better!
The Loews Don CeSar Hotel features 277 accommodations including 36 suites and 2 penthouses. These light , airy rooms decorated with colors inspired by the beach that surrounds them, have remote control flat screen HD color TV's, ironing boards and irons, hair dryers, wireless internet access, Keurig coffee makers and mini bars.
Loews Don CeSar Hotel features meeting rooms that are grand while modern, offering beautiful but practical spaces for you to convene. Combine this with our superior service and spectacular views from every meeting room and you are sure to find a formula to success. For more information about the Loews Don CeSar Hotel, please visit our website at www.Loewshotels.com.
The Restaurant Server will work closely with all hotel departments, but particularly with the Food & Beverage Department to ensure we provide a diligent yet charismatic first impression as we hospitably and effectively promote and serve food and/or beverage to customers in accordance to Loews Hotels Standards and state laws in a safe, accident-free manner.
More specifically, responsibilities include:
* Accurately and quickly take and place all food orders with the kitchen, according to the prescribed procedure.
* Answer all questions about cooking methods, menu items, specials and prices of all items.
* Prepare and deliver beverage and dessert orders.
* Check food to ascertain that appearance, temperature and portions are correct and deliver food orders in a timely fashion.
* Prepare the guest check accurately and present it to the guest before their departure.
* Collect payment from the guest.
* Regular attendance in conformance with standards
* May be required to work varying schedules to reflect business needs of the hotel
* Required to attend all training sessions and meetings
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
Required Skills & Experience:
* Communication and hospitality skills (English required).
* One to two years server experience helpful but not required.
* TIP's trainable
* Ability to work Micros computer system, preferred but not required.
* Ability to read and write English
* Able to work a flexible schedule that may include weekends and holidays.