Posted on Sep. 9, 2016
Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Disability Insurance, 401k / Retirement Plan
Founded in 1960 and headquartered in beautiful Fort Myers, FL, B and I Contractors, Inc. specializes in HVAC, service, electrical, plumbing, pipe-fitting, and sheet metal. We are an
employee owned company that has earned a solid reputation for excellence. B and I Contractors, Inc. is among one of the elite Specialty Mechanical Contractor companies in Florida; capable of
handling large, multifaceted projects and more.
1. Review contract documents for each project to become familiar with scope, specifications, and schedule.
2. Review submittals for accuracy and completeness. Coordinate with PM team and vendors to make corrections when needed.
3. Develop “Prefab Plan” for each project. Coordinate closely with plumbing team to identify extent of prefabrication, pre-cutting, bundling, and delivery methods of materials to the jobsite.
4. Collaborate with CAD personnel to produce accurate and effective shop drawings that add value to the prefabrication and installation processes.
5. Attend coordination meetings when required to communicate needs and preferences of the plumbing department.
6. Visit jobsites when necessary to confirm accuracy of drawing content or to ensure “Prefab Plan” is fully communicated to field personnel.
7. Manage prefabrication processes and personnel to ensure efficient operations that meet or exceed production goals and quality expectations.
8. Develop accurate materials list for each project and coordinate with purchasing department to ensure timely release of materials to the jobsite.
9. Create accessories/accoutrements list for each project to identify all miscellaneous parts and materials needed for a complete installation.
10. Develop “Bag & Tag” plan for each project to maximize organization of parts and materials required for efficient installations and trim-outs.
11. Continuously evaluate effectiveness of the prefab operations to identify ways to improve end product and value to installation activities.
12. Assist plumbing trade manager in other related tasks deemed necessary for the success of the plumbing department.
Additional Company Information
This a full time position with benefits package offerings including Employee Stock ownership,medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, paid sick days, paid holidays and 401(k). EOE We are committed to diversity. B & I Contractors, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer