at We Are Blood
Posted on Feb. 15, 2018
Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K, Paid vacation
We Are Blood serves over 40 hospitals and medical facilities in a 10 county area. Our mission is to provide and protect the community blood supply, to inspire Central Texans to save lives locally, and to always treat everyone we serve as family. When you work here, you’re a vital part of helping to ensure that all Central Texans have access to life-saving blood when they need it!
We are hiring a Platelet “Major Donor” Program Manager to perform identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship activities for We Are Blood’s platelet donor program. This position is also responsible for meeting daily, weekly, monthly, and annual platelet draw goals in order to meet local hospital needs.
1.Develop and implement strategies to meet and exceed platelet collection goals for We Are Blood.
2.Manage platelet donor appointments in accordance with machine availability, donor eligibility guidelines, established inventory needs, and daily/weekly collection goals.
3.Develop, manage, and execute strategies to increase platelet donor engagement with the organization.
4.Manage current platelet donor stewardship to grow donations and commitment over time.
5.Ensure external reporting to platelet donors on the impact of their giving.
6.Network through current platelet donors to identify and locate new prospective donors.
7.Identify and cultivate relationships with prospects that have the capacity and affinity to become platelet donors.
8.Provide strategic oversight on all platelet donor communications and recognition materials, ensuring platelet donors are properly stewarded and thanked.
9.Monitor and evaluate all platelet donor stewardship activities to ensure that collection goals are being achieved.
10.Work collaboratively with other community engagement team members and other We Are Blood departments such as donor services (responsible for collecting platelets) and hospital services (responsible for our platelet inventory management)
11.Report on platelet program activities and outcomes to We Are Blood leadership
12.Represent We Are Blood at various community events and organizations, speaking publically on behalf of the We Are Blood platelet program in order to identify and recruit prospective donors.
13.Participate in organization’s media on-call schedule.
14.Maintain records of all platelet donor recruitment efforts.
15.Demonstrate an understanding of applicable We Are Blood strategies and goals and how they address the community needs.
16.Perform other related duties as assigned by Management.
- Bachelor’s degree & 2 years of experience in relationship building, donor stewardship, development, communications, sales or community outreach. 5 or more years of experience in lieu of a degree.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple, complex projects simultaneously.
- Ability to receive ideas and/or goals, and build a program from the ground up.
- Ability to develop and deliver informative and/or persuasive presentations.
- Must be able to work independently with little supervision.
- Strong public speaking skills.
- Flexibility to work weekends and evenings.
- Ability to assimilate information reaching reasonable conclusions.
- Ability to prioritize and deal with multiple time demands
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Highly motivated self-starter with excellent organizational skills.
- Computer skills that include the competent use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be at least 21 years of age, have a valid Texas driver’s license, proof of vehicle insurance, and an acceptable driving record. Must be able to provide reliable personal transportation.
Interested in our organization, but not this job? Check us out at www.WeAreBlood.org to find out how you else you can be a part of our Family. EEO Employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled