Posted on Dec. 20, 2017
A career you can retire from with a pension!
With annual sales of $11 billion in fiscal year 2016, Parker Hannifin is the world's leading diversified manufacturer of motion and control technologies and systems, providing precision-engineered solutions for a wide variety of mobile, industrial and aerospace markets. The company has operations in 50 countries around the world. Parker has increased its annual dividends paid to shareholders for 60 consecutive fiscal years, among the top five longest-running dividend-increase records in the S&P 500 index.
Essential Functions Position Summary:
* Responsible for the development and maintenance of an effective organization with which to operate an efficient operation which satisfies customer service and physical inventory distribution requirements of the geographical area assigned, through a large distribution center.
* Broad responsibility and leadership for overall operation of a value stream. Implements the Parker Lean System and Win Strategy to ensure a safe work environment, maximize profitable growth, drive quality improvements, provide premier customer service, develop a technically qualified work force, reduce operating costs, inventories and lead times through continuous improvements. Oversee day-to-day activities to meet daily, monthly, quarterly and yearly expectations.
* Supervises the Center's Office Manager and warehouse management personnel.
- Supplements the Field Sales organization through an aggressive inside sales effort and periodic Field Sales trips.
- Develops a realistic budget plan and manages Center with budget constraints.
- Forecasts, maintains and manages inventory to ensure optimum inventory turnover while maintaining a high level of customer responsiveness.
- Supervises and reviews the processing of all customer service and order entry
- Maintains familiarity with competitive environment within geographical area of responsibility.
- Supervises the timely supply of inventory flow to include judicious expediting of material through manufacturing and production control.
- Issues periodic reports concerning status of department to ensure adherence to established company policy.
- Implements company policies and programs to include responsibility for personnel function of hiring, training, wage and salary administration.
- Maintains all physical properties to include building, ground and equipment.
- Develops and maintains an active safety program
- Maintains a high level of housekeeping in all Center operations.
- Develop Parker Targets, along with maintaining an active Cost Reduction program.
* Creates the basis for continuous improvement and employee empowerment by ensuring that standardized work/processes are followed, countermeasures implemented and the area is compliant with safety requirements.
* Instills and maintains a positive can-do team atmosphere within the Value Stream; holding regular team meetings and assigning team members tasks and coordinate support services needed outside the team. Utilizes PDCA in conjunction with the Tracking Centers and Team Improvement Boards to ensure results.
* Ensures Value Stream Leaders provide effective cross-training for the Value Stream Associates, including backups from other areas, to assure a continuous smooth running Value Stream. This training is the foundation of a culture that stops to fix problems in order to get quality right the first time.
Qualifications Degree in Business Administration or equivalent.
-Minimum of three years experience in warehousing management, selling or related functions.
-Ability to plan work, set priorities, motivate people and possess personal initiative.
-Experience in company procedures
-Travel not to exceed 20%
-Experience with Lean teams or leading Lean teams is preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required for most positions.
(“Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/VEVRAA Federal Contractor”)