Posted on May. 4, 2018
Most people think of Goodwill as thrift stores, but our business is really about changing lives. As a not-for-profit leader, Goodwill offers job readiness and vocational training, employment placement assistance to veterans, homeless, disabled and disadvantaged, as well as other supportive services assisting individuals reach their maximum level of self-sufficiency and independence. Goodwill changes lives through the power of work!
Goodwill Industries of Fort Worth is expanding and adding professional positions in an effort to serve our community by empowering people with disabilities, disadvantages and barriers to employment. If you are interested and motivated by making an impact in the community that we serve, this could be a good opportunity for you. Come and join our team!
We are currently seeking a placement specialist/work adjustment trainer (WAT).
As a placement specialist you can expect to:
• Conduct, manage, supervise and coordinate training in the areas of job readiness, work and job retention skills for Work Adjustment Training (WAT) and Personal Social Adjustment Training (PSAT) Programs participants.
• Develop training curriculum to Include DARS approved subjects.
• Provide comprehensive case management and coordination of services with partner agencies for program participants.
• Complete and update Individual Service Plan (ISP) and Individual Outcome Plan (IOP) as needed.
• Maintain daily contact with participant and document any identified personal, behavioral and performance issues, method of resolution, and modifications to IAP.
• Promptly contact individuals referred to program.
• Ensure 100% of all referrals contain required documents.
• Facilitate employment placement of participants within 90 days of program completion.
• Maintain current and complete electronic case files within Caseworthy system as required.
• Ensure billing is completed and submitted in a timely manner and all supporting documentation is included.