Posted on Mar. 28, 2018
$14.00– $18.00 Hourly
Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, 401k / Retirement Plan
Now Seeking Experienced Pipe-Layer Laborer
Preferred Candidates need 2+ years Heavy Highway Construction Experience, Self-Motivation, and the ability to operate proficiently meeting both production and safety requirements.
You’re responsible for assembling, connecting, and constructing pipe systems for storm or sanitation sewers, drains, and water mains. Ensures ground is prepped, trenches dug for pipes and aligns pipes and seals joints together. Ability to read plans and use lasers is a plus.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma or (GED)
- Minimum (2) years’ experience laying underground water lines
- Minimum (4) years’ experience as a Pipe Laborer
- Experience and training that provides required knowledge & skills
- Understanding elevations, slope, and grade
- Ability to read plans and use lasers
- Knowledge of Georgia underground utility law & UPC procedures
- Valid Driver’s License GA Preferred
- Employee verification verifying eligibility to work in the U.S
- Motor Vehicle check (no major violations)
- Pass pre-employment drug screen & criminal background check
- Must be able to Lift, carry and hold material up to 50 lbs.
- Perform heavy lifting, strenuous, repetitive tasks for 8 to 10 hrs.
- Must have Safety First Attitude & practice good safety habits
- Able to hear and understand directions and hand signals
- Install underground sewer, water, and storm drain trenches
- Slinging & rigging pipe, hand grading, and bolt fittings
- Develop goals, plan, organize and prioritize your work
- Schedule material deliveries for crew & subcontractors
- Follow verbal instructions with minimum supervision
- Transportation to get to and from job sites
- Ability to Read construction plans & specifications
Please complete "Quick Apply" Form and select "Apply Now"