Posted on Aug. 8, 2017
$64,000.00– $66,000.00 Annually
Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Vision Insurance, Dental Insurance, Disability Insurance
Physical Therapist (PT) evaluates and treats residents and patients with temporary or long term physical disabilities to relieve
pain, restore function, and promote healing by applying the therapeutic properties of exercise, heat, ultrasound, massage and
other forms of treatment.
Education requirements• Bachelor of Science or Master of Science degree in Physical Therapy.
Experience requirements• One (1) year of clinical experience preferred.
Qualifications• Current license to practice Physical Therapy issued by the State.
Responsibilities• Evaluates, plans and administers treatment to patients with problems related to neuromuscular and musculoskeletal
• Administers and interprets tests and measurements for muscle strength, coordination, range of motion, and respiratory
• and circulatory efficiency.
• Provides direct resident treatment in accordance with an established plan of care.
• Instructs patients, families, and caregivers in the care and use of wheelchairs, braces, canes, crutches and other devices.
• Maintains patient records.
• Devises special tools and treatment for the specific needs of patients.
• Conducts home assessments as appropriate to ensure discharge of residents to a safe environment.
• Completes required forms and documents in accordance with company policy and state and/or federal regulations.
Other duties may be assigned.
• May provide onsite supervision to Physical Therapist Assistants, Rehab Aides, and provisional physical therapists per state practice guidelines.
Physical Demands and Environment
• Shift work may be required. Employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands or fingers, reach with hands and arms, feel, talk and hear. Employee will occasionally assist to lift and / or transfer patients weighing between 100 to 250 pounds.
• Employee is occasionally exposed to blood or other body fluids, fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. In compliance with applicable, law, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Helping Hands ... Compassionate Hearts
Bayshore Pointe is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V