Posted on Aug. 5, 2016
Overview PCA Mission Pharmacy is located in Kittanning, PA. We are currently seeking pharmacy technicians with the ability rotate through 1st, 2nd and weekend shifts.
Headquartered in Louisville, Kentucky, PCA PHARMACY has served long-term care and institutional healthcare facilities since 1994. With the guiding imperative to meet and exceed the resident's needs, PCA partners with personal/skilled care or assisted living facilities to address the unique pharmacy needs of their residents through specialized clinical and operational support services. Exceptional professional service and personal concern are our commitments.
PCA PHARMACY is an Ancillary division of Trilogy Health Services, which is an award winning company that is leading the way in employee benefits, professional development, personal wellness and recognition. We invite you to learn more about our unique culture and the exciting opportunities that exist within our organization. We offer a positive company culture that includes:
- Weekly Pay!
- Professional Growth
- Generous Benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- And much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Location Mission Pharmacy
* Receives written prescription or refill requests. Ensures and verifies that information is complete and accurate.
* Prepacks for the floor bulk medications, fill bottles with prescribed medications and type and affix labels.
* Answers telephones, responds to questions or requests. Directs inquires as needed to various departments.
* Maintains proper storage and security conditions for drugs.
* Assists facilities/departments by answering basic questions, locating items, or referring them to the pharmacist for medication information.
* Establishes or maintains patient profiles, including lists of medications by individual patients.
* Orders, labels, and counts stock of medications, chemicals, or supplies and enters inventory data into computerized pharmacy systems.
* Receives and stores incoming supplies, verifies quantities against invoices, checks for outdated medications in current inventory and informs supervisor of stock needs and shortages.
* Mix pharmaceutical preparations, according to written prescriptions.
* Assists with special projects as needed.
* Minimal travel including overnight stay as necessary.
* Supports location, departmental goals, and the overall objectives of the Company.
* Complies with all laws, regulations and standards of ethical conduct.
* Responsible for uncompromising levels of cleanliness and safety.
* Performs all job duties with a friendly positive and team-oriented approach.
* Maintains professional/technical competencies and proficiencies for job responsibilities.
* Complies with all Company policies, procedures, rules and standards.
* High School diploma or equivalent. Associates degree preferred.
* Pharmacy Technician as required by State regulatory requirements.
* One (1) to three (3) years' pharmacy technician experience. Healthcare, senior living industry, assisted living, pharmacy or long-term care environment preferred.
* Minimum one (1) year multi-facility experience preferred.
* QS1 experience preferred.
* Exemplary computer skills that include knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite of products.
Talent Network* Not ready to apply? Our Talent Network is a great way to keep up with open positions here at Trilogy Health Services. By signing up, you'll receive alerts based on your skills and the type of position you are seeking. This is a great tool for those that are actively looking but employed, actively looking and available immediately, and those that are passively looking. To join our Talent Network, click the link below.