Posted on Apr. 17, 2017
At Terminix, people come for a job stay for a career. As a Terminix associate, you’ll enjoy excellent compensation & benefits as well as the opportunity for the professional growth & respect that comes from working for an industry leader.
Applies company products to residential structures according to work orders & as needed based on service requests; completes required production forms at end of daily work order assignments.
1. Prepares job sites for termiticide treatment
2. Applies termiticides to residential structures according to work order specifications, safety procedures & label instructions
3. May install insulation by lining & covering structures with insulating materials. May gather & transport supplies, prepare area & work with insulation
4. Verifies that job specifications are appropriate for work orders
5. Drives company vehicle to customers’ houses or places of business.
6. Maintains vehicle & equipment in clean & proper operating condition.
7. Completes required production forms at end of daily work order assignments.
1. High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education & experience
2. Ability to read & comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence & memos
3. Ability to write simple correspondence
4. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one & small group situations to customers, clients & other employees of the organization
5. Ability to add, subtract, multiply & divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions & decimals
6. Ability to compute rate, ratio & percent & to draw & interpret bar graphs
7. Maintain licenses/certificates as required by federal, state, or local regulations
8. Maintain valid driver’s license
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential function to this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Incumbent must be prepared to:
• Move up to 10 pounds regularly, and 11-20 lbs frequently, by lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, or otherwise repositioning objects. Exerting up to 50 lbs of force to move objects is required occasionally
• Use legs and/or hands & arms to ascend or descend ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles, etc., in a manner that exceeds what is required for ordinary locomotion
• Maintain his/her balance when walking, standing, or crouching on narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces; balance exceeds that needed for ordinary locomotion
• Bend legs & spine downward and forward to crouch or squat & bend legs at the knee to come to rest on a surface with one or both knees, including crawling on hands and knees or hands & feet
• Push objects forward, downward, or outward with sustained force using the upper extremities to press with steady force & drag, draw, haul, or tug objects with sustained motion using the upper extremities to exert force
• Extend his/her hands & arms in any direction to reach objects & move objects from a lower to a higher position, or move objects horizontally from one position to another, by lifting or carrying objects either in his/her hands or arms or by strapping equipment to the body; requires substantial use of upper extremities & back muscles
• Use touch of skin to perceive attributes of objects, such as size, shape, temperature, or texture; particularly fingertips
• Express or exchange ideas with others through the use of spoken word, quickly, accurately & at an easily audible volume & receive detailed information through oral communication at usual speaking levels without correction, and/or make fine discriminations in the nature of sounds in the environment
• Operate a motor vehicle & use electrically & manually powered hand tools for securing objects to surfaces
Incumbent is required to have:
• Close visual acuity to perform detail oriented activities at distances close to the eyes, as well as visual acuity to perform activities at or within arm’s reach with skill, control & accuracy & to determine the accuracy, neatness, and/or thoroughness of work assigned, or make general observations of facilities or structures (i.e., inspection)
• Visual acuity to operate motor vehicles or equipment
Incumbent will be subject to:
• Both inside & outside (without protection from weather; extreme heat-above 100 and/or cold-below 32 for more than one hour) environmental conditions.
• Hazardous physical conditions, such as mechanical parts, vehicles, electrical current, heights & scaffolding, chemical exposure, and/or high heat
• Atmospheric conditions affecting the respiratory system of the skin, such as fumes, odors, dust, mold, mist, gas, poor ventilation.
• Exposure to animals & insects
• Meet physical requirements and/or pass medical certification in compliance with state and/or federal regulatory requirements & company safety policies relating to carrying & wearing personal protective equipment, including, but not limited to an OSHA compliant respirator
• Working in tight, confined spaces, narrow aisles, or passageways including but not limited to crawl spaces
ServiceMaster is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We encourage diverse candidates to apply to this position. Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature & level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties & skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities as needed