at Terumo BCT
Posted on Sep. 7, 2017
THIS ROLE IS TEMPORARY, ESTIMATED FOR SIX MONTHS WITH BENEFITS.
At Terumo BCT (TBCT), we are working to use data to inspire our decision making more thoroughly, and our People Reporting and Analytics function at TBCT uses analytical approaches to help make TBCT a great place to work.
As a People Data Scientist, you'll help us analyze our people data better to support insights at scale. You are detail-oriented and conscientious, analytical and curious. You're a strong problem-solver, who uses both quantitative and qualitative methods to get things done. Most of all, you're someone who wonders "Why?" This is an ideal role for individual with broad-based, generalist-type human resources experience hoping to grow in the people reporting, benchmarking, analytics, and/or workforce planning spaces, or a Data Science and Business Intelligence professional hoping to learn more about human capital management. Excellent growth opportunity for the right candidate.
This role will ultimately play a critical role in helping our global Associate
* Manipulates and analyzes large data sets, connect disparate ideas into cohesive, well-grounded recommendations using creative, structured and analytical thinking;
* Participates in and curates content for quarterly people reporting products review;
* Helps to ensure that all report distribution conforms to security and privacy models;
* Supports and participates in people data governance processes;
* Reviews people data periodically with business users to ensure accuracy;
* Creates effective, scalable reporting solutions (e.g. columnar reports and benchmarking dashboards).
* Prioritizes work to manage multiple workstreams, high pressure situations, and new information.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor's degree with studies in analytics, data science, information technology, statistics, finance, or a related field, or equivalent experience.
Minimum 3 Years of experience in data science, business intelligence, human resources, management consulting, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Experience using Alteryx or other ETL automation software highly desirable.
* Experience using SQL, Python or other data or scripting language.
* Must have proficiency with Excel.
* Thorough understanding of data science process and data discovery processes.
* Experience building and maintaining a solution to collect, store, and organize data to address client needs.
* Ability to perform and script algebraic-style calculations and queries.
* Experience using data visualizations to communicate trends (e.g., tables, charts, graphs);
* Experience with conducting research using basic statistics (e.g., correlations, t-tests, regressions)
* Previous use of visualization software (Tableau, Qlick, Microsoft BI, Domo, etc.) preferred.
An equivalent competency level acquired through a variation of these qualifications may be considered.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT JESSIE AT 303 542-5219 OR JESSIE.ROWE@TERUMOBCT.COM
* Typical Office Environment requirements include: reading, speaking, hearing, close vision, walking, bending, sitting, and occasional lifting up to 20 pounds.
* The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential duties of this job.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, military status or an unfavorable discharge from military service.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks. As of January 1, 2017 the Terumo BCT Lakewood, Colorado location will be a tobacco-free workplace. For more information about Terumo BCT, visit our website www.terumobct.com/careers .
JOIN TERUMO BCT AS WE UNLOCK THE POTENTIAL OF BLOOD. We are a global leader in blood component and cellular technologies, and the only company with the unique combination of apheresis collections, manual and automated whole blood processing, and pathogen reduction coupled with leading technologies in therapeutic apheresis and cell processing. We believe in the potential of blood to do even more for patients than it does today. This belief inspires our innovation and strengthens our collaboration with customers.
As the largest medical device manufacturing company headquartered in Colorado, we are home to more than 2,300 associates and our products are in use in more than 125 countries and territories. Our Global footprint includes more than 5,500 associates and partners with regional headquarters in Brussels, Buenos Aires, Singapore and Tokyo.
Our company has almost $1B in annual revenues and has been voted and recognized as:
* Largest corporate sponsor in Rocky Mountain Region for Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS)
* Winner of the Association for Talent Development (ATD) BEST Award for providing exceptional employee learning and talent development (2011 & 2012)
* One of Colorado's Healthiest Employers by Denver Business Journal (2014 & 2015)
* Recipient of the Way to Go Employer award through the Denver Regional Council of Governments (DRCOG) 2015
Our award-winning culture embraces:
* Leading technology through innovation and R&D
* Wellness programs
* Commitment to quality
* An environment that values, respects and rewards your individual contributions
* A philosophy of intentional growth and responsiveness to world health issues
Click Here to see what our associates have to say about our culture.
Each associate has a positive impact on our future by:
* Connecting to the lives of the patients we ultimately serve
* Growing through professional and leadership development activities
* Sharing company success through incentive plans
IF YOU ARE THE BEST AT WHAT YOU DO AND WANT TO DO WORK THAT IS CHANGING THE DELIVERY OF HEALTHCARE GLOBALLY, WE INVITE YOU TO WORK WITH US NOW TO SEE HOW WE CAN UNLOCK YOUR POTENTIAL.
Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact the recruiter at:
We have preferred partners, no agency calls please