Posted on Sep. 13, 2016
Hours: Able to work hours between 8a -8p Monday thru Friday
The Patient Account Representative l will provide customer service to hospital patients who have questions on their accounts and assist them in settling their account balances.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Handle inbound calls from patients as well as make outbound calls to patients through our automated dialer.
* Assist patients with their account, which includes setting up payment arrangements; taking payments over the phone; identifying and gathering new insurance information, screening for charity, answering patients questions, and resolving any of the patients account issues, etc.
* Maneuver between several different software systems.
* Clerical duties, such as processing mail, light skip-tracing.
* Verify insurance and follow-up with pending insurance.
* Maintain accurate and up to date information in the account notes.
* Meet specified goals and objectives as assigned by management on a regular basis.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Maintain confidentiality of account information at all times.
* Adhere to the prescribed policies and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook and the Employee Code of Conduct.
* Maintain awareness of and actively participate in the Corporate Compliance Program.
* Maintain a neat and orderly workstation.
* Assist with other projects as assigned by management.
* High school diploma or equivalent is required
* Prefer previous experience with customer service/call center
* Prefer previous experience with medical coding or billing
* Ability to effectively work and communicate with coworkers, patients, and outside agencies
* Ability to present oneself in a courteous and professional manner at all times
* Ability to stay on task with little or no management supervision
* Demonstrate initiative and creativity in fulfilling job responsibilities
* Excellent organization and time management skills.
* Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a busy work environment.
* Reliability of task completion and follow-up.
* Proficient PC knowledge and the ability to type 30-40 wpm.