Posted on Aug. 29, 2016
The part-time Packaging Associate will report to the Packaging Supervisor and under close leadership from Line Supervisor will perform a variety of insert functions.
This position is responsible for providing materials handling and set up for Newspaper Packaging Insert equipment. This position supports the Line Supervisor by ensuring supplies are available and ready to be feed into the machine.
The Packaging Associate will receive instruction from the Line Supervisor. Position require the ability to lift up to 30 lbs., stand and work with hand and eye coordination, work in noisy production environment, and work independently in a close, diverse group setting.
Hours and Pay:
• This position is for 3rd shift - 11pm to 6:30am
• Pay is $8.90 per hour
Some of the duties and responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Place preprints and jackets ranging from two page tabloid products to standard size products of 100 pages or more in hopper feeder machine.
• Maintain quality and prevent product waste by ensuring all usable (feedable) parts are inserted into machine and stacked properly. For example jackets, comics, magazines, TV Weeks, Extras, and all preprinted advertising.
• Maintain insert machine operation by continuously placing product in machine and immediately respond to machine stops by following established procedures.
• Ensure that all electric joggers are shut- off during lunch and coffee breaks, and at the end of the shift. (Note: Inserters are not responsible for shut off of machine at the end of shift-this will be performed by the line supervisor.)
• Promptly inform jack operators when product supply is low, i.e. last layer on skid.
• Remove empty skids to assigned location, to enable placement of a full skid.
• Report to operator’s desk immediately when rotating to or working on a dead head for reassignment.
• After gaining experience in the above duties, opportunities may be available for additional training to then be able to work in other positions including those which operate stacker, palletizer, or jack equipment.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma/GED required
• Warehouse and/or production experience desired
• Technical education, newspaper experience, and/or forklift or pallet jack experience a plus
• Good communication and interpersonal (people) skills, ability to take initiative, ability to work in a fast paced, diverse- team environment, ability to take, read and follow instructions, and to work overtime, and on holidays when required. Work in a 24/7 production/warehouse environment.
• Lift up to 30 pounds (from the floor to above the head) bundles of newspapers, inserts and skids to any position in Packaging. Occasional lift up to 50 pounds.
• Stand and work with hand and eye coordination while jogging and feeding insert machine.
• Rotate to any position in Packaging.
• Work in noisy production environment.
• Move out of the way of moving machinery and see lights and other safety devices.
• Read inserts and newspaper publication dates and other special instructions.
• Operate equipment/machinery and work around hazardous machines.
• Work around paper dust.
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company that includes the national advertising rep firms of CoxReps. Additionally, CMG owns Cox Target Media, which operates Valpak, one of North America's leading direct marketing companies, and Savings.com, a leading online source for savings.
The company's operations currently include 14 broadcast television stations and one local cable channel, 57 radio stations, eight daily newspapers and more than a dozen non-daily publications, and more than 100 digital services.
CMG currently operates in more than 30 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly, including more than 32 million TV viewers, more than 4 million print and online newspaper readers, and 14 million radio listeners.
Apply in Person or email your resume today!
Important Note: Applicants must proceed to the applicant tracking system via the link provided on the next page for further consideration.
Cox Media Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer; Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.