Posted on Oct. 3, 2017
Faegre Baker Daniels is an AmLaw 100 law firm dedicated to serving the legal needs of local, national, and international businesses. From offices in the United States, United Kingdom, and China, our staff of more than 1600 lawyers, consultants, paraprofessionals, administrative and operations professionals provide the expertise necessary to solve complex business challenges and work together to provide an exceptional experience for our clients.
Faegre Baker Daniels has an opportunity for a Litigation Paralegal to work within our Employment Litigation and Product Liability & Environmental practice groups. You will be part of a dynamic team dedicated to helping our clients avoid employment litigation and when necessary, defend employers with experience and expertise.
This position will work with other talented individuals who share a passion for doing great work in the best interest of our clients. This position assists our attorneys in accomplishing billable work for client matters in the most efficient and effective manner possible. In this role you will be required to exercise independent judgment towards case preparation and initiate contact with clients, attorneys and other involved parties.
Education requirementsParalegal or Litigation Assistant Certificate or a 4-year college degree.
Experience requirements• 5-7+ years of large law firm, complex litigation experience.
• Trial preparation and experience.
• Nursing background desired.
• Strong interest in employment or workplace issues.
• Federal and state litigation experience.
QualificationsWhat we would expect from you:
• Energetic, organized, detail oriented and disciplined with the willingness to work hard.
• Eager to serve clients’ needs, both externally and internally.
• Ability to work well independently and collaboratively as part of a team, through effective communication strategies and a mutual support/”can do” attitude.
• Ability to manage workflow and work under tight deadlines and other time constraints, with competing and shifting priorities.
• Creative in problem-solving and takes initiative when issues arise in a case, with ability to use good judgment on a project or getting direction or clarification.
• Knowledge and commitment in the use of technology for litigation support and trial preparation.
• Ability to bill 1550 hours annually towards the firm’s paralegal billing expectation.
• Strong project management skills.
• Ability to work across-office; willingness to travel is required.
What you could expect from us:
• A paralegal career model which provides paralegals with a growth opportunity and an outlined path toward advancement in their career within the firm.
• Presumptive bonus tied to billable hours and a discretionary bonus to recognize high performers.
• Encouragement to prepare for future responsibilities and career success by pursuing in house and off-site professional and educational opportunities.
• Opportunities to contribute to the health and vitality of the communities where we live and work through our tradition of pro bono, volunteerism and philanthropy.
ResponsibilitiesWhat you would do in this job:
• Prepare, review, analyze & organize documents in connection with employment litigation matters.
• Obtain a command of the facts of the case and prepare and update chronologies.
• Provide clear and complete work direction to LAAs, clerks and other support staff as necessary.
• Monitor on-going case activity and pending deadlines utilizing information retrieval tools.
• Maintain and update case files, form files and specific reference libraries or resources within the group.
• Provide deposition summaries and analysis, work with subpoena documents, oversee e-discovery documents, prepare trial exhibits and assist with other aspects of trial preparation.
• Work with the practice group to defend, resolve and try product liability, environmental, commercial, and/or complex mass tort cases.
• Work as part of a dynamic team, including experienced and recognized lawyers and an advanced in-house technology departments for managing litigation.
• Work on both state and federal litigation matters.
• Put into practice advanced case management skills, seeing a case from inception through discovery, trial preparation, trial and post-trial phases of matter.
• Monitor on-going case activity and pending deadlines.
Faegre Baker Daniels participates in the federal government's E-Verify program. With all new hires, we provide the Social Security Administration and, when applicable, the US Department of Homeland Security with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Faegre Baker Daniels is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, genetic information, age, marital status, status as a veteran or disabled veteran, status with regard to public assistance or any status protected by applicable law.
Step 1: Click "Apply Now" on this page and be directed to our careers website.
Step 2: Under "Current Openings", Click on the green box to the right labeled "Paralegals and Paraprofessionals"
Step 3: Click on "Search openings"
Step 4: Enter in Requisition ID: 750BR in the Keyword field and click "Search".
Step 5: Click on the job posting and from there you will be able to apply.