Posted on Jul. 7, 2017
Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance
Special Education Paraprofessional
A minimum of a high school diploma or its equivalent is required. Experience working with children
is preferred and be competent in the duties to be performed.
PREFERED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
The Special Education Paraprofessionals will have a minimum of sixty (60) college hours will be
able to obtain a substitute teacher certification and be competent in the duties to be performed.
REPORTS TO: Principal
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
JOB GOAL: To work in a resource or self-contained room with students under a teacher’s
1. Assist special education teacher with instruction of special education students in the classroom.
2. Monitor classroom when there are IEP meetings and staffings (Only paraprofessional with a sub
certification or teaching certification to monitor a classroom.).
3. Assist the special education teachers as needed (i.e., grading papers, phone calls).
4. Assist with physical care of special education students as needed (i.e. diaper changing, taking to
bathroom and feeding).
5. Assist in lunchroom as assigned.
6. Assist at recess and noon hour as assigned.
7. Perform other duties as assigned by the building principal.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Employment will be on an at-will basis for 9 months, beginning with the first day of the work
calendar or at the time of employment for duration of school year with prorated personal leave. Each
paraprofessional will be provided a work calendar showing the specific daily work schedule of the
employee. The work calendar may be modified by the Board of Education at any time, as needs
dictate. Seven hours (including a 30-minute non-paid lunch period) will constitute a workday for
special education paraprofessionals. A definite daily schedule will be established by the building
principal and approved by the Assistant Superintendent of Personnel.
The yearly salary will be disbursed in nineteen (19) equal payments or twenty-four (24) equal
payments per employee’s choice.