at FedEx Ground
Posted on Sep. 16, 2016
Full Time, Part Time
Think Fast. Think FedEx Ground.
Interested in a fast-paced job with career advancement opportunities?
Join the FedEx Ground Team in Zionsville, IN as a Package Handler.
Multiple Positions & Shifts Available
Earn up to $12.60 per hour to start with RAPID pay increases the first year.
Package Handlers at FedEx Ground:
• Are eligible for medical, dental and vision benefits as well as vacation and holiday pay, after completion of an eligibility period
• Are eligible for pay increases within the first six months of employment
• Have career advancement opportunities in our “promote from within” environment
• May participate in the company’s tuition assistance program
• Must be at least 18 years of age
Essential Functions of the Package Handler position
• Utilize “hand-to-surface” methods for all package handling
• Load and unload packages onto or from delivery vehicles, trailers, conveyor system carts and load gratings
• Lift, carry, push and pull packages on a continuous and repetitive basis for approximate shifts of two to four hours
• Determine the appropriate conveyor system by scanning packages, reading labels and charts, verifying numbers and memorizing information and sorts packages accordingly
Minimum Education: None
Required Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to understand and follow instruction regarding work duties and safety methods
• Ability to discern numbers and information in order to sort packages correctly
• Ability to use basic tools and equipment such as skate wheel rollers, dock carts, hand-held scanners, chutes and unloading devices
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to work well in a fast-paced team
All interested candidates must attend a sort observation at our facility prior to applying for the position.
For more information about registering for our next sort observation, please visit our sort website or call us today!
FedEx Ground is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans), committed to a diverse workforce.