Posted on Nov. 22, 2017
The primary responsibility of the Package Handlers/Parcel Assistants is to move packages throughout the facility. Will be required to safely perform assigned tasks while meeting predetermined standards. In this flexible position, the Parcel Assistant will rotate into several areas to perform tasks including loading, unloading, palletizing, scanning, quality assurance assessment, moving items with a forklift and operating a switcher as assigned by Dock Manager or Lead Parcel Sorter.
Position Requirements, Skills, and Qualifications:
• At least 18 years of age and not currently in high school
• Effective communication skills and Basic computer skills
• Ability to regularly lift, carry, push and pull packages up to 70 pounds in weight
• Ability to lift up to 25 pounds consecutively
• Ability to read labels and charts
• Ability to verify and distinguish numbers
• Ability to memorize and carry out instructions
• Ability to work rapidly for long periods of time
• Ability to scan labels using a handheld device
• Ability to apply plastic wrap around palletized packages from floor level up to 77 inches
• Ability to adapt to a changing environment and must be able to work on call and weekends.
• Must pass a criminal background check, drug test and must be authorized to work in the US on a full-time basis for any employer.
Primary Functions and Scope of Responsibilities:
• Unload and load trucks by hand
• Scan parcels
• Induct parcels onto sorter by size
• Lift, push, and stack parcels
• Wrap, label, and move skids
• Process packages and create mailing containers
• Sort packages to correct location according to label, load chart or scanner
• Perform other duties as assigned
Basic tools and equipment used to perform tasks:
• Pallet, Scanner & Computer.
• Hand Wrapper, Label & Postal Flag
• Pallet Jack and Load Chart
Click on Apply Now for application details.
Resource is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability and a drug free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran’s status, or any other characteristics protected by law. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Resource complies with the laws and regulations outlined in the EEO is The Law poster
Work hours5:00am to 9:00am
10:00am to 2:00pm
3:20pm to 7:30pm