Posted on Mar. 23, 2018
Valpak has immediate openings for Media Sales Consultants
Valpak is an independent local media company that is a pioneer in the direct mail and database marketing space. Valpak provides integrated print and digital advertising solutions across the U.S. and Canada - led buy the iconic and supremely efficient Valpak “Blue Envelope” that reaches 38M U.S. households and boasts an amazing 75% open rate, as well as the Valpak.com online and mobile platforms. Valpak’s heritage, ownership investment and vision has the company well positioned for growth – and you will join a culture known for encouragement, collaboration, having fun - and winning! The U.S. local ad spend on direct mail is larger than paid search, and direct mail has 10 times the response rate of paid search and email combined. 97% of consumers look for deals when they are shopping and 90% use coupons – including 94% of millennials…because, Saving is sexy!
As a Valpak sales representative, you will be a local media expert who consults with local and regional businesses to help them achieve their goals. Valpak solutions are simple and the products work! You will differentiate yourself in the market by leading with direct marketing solutions - featuring the proprietary Valpak “Blue Envelope” and Valpak.com coupon and incentive marketing solutions that clients can only buy from you - and complemented by an accompanying suite of digital and print solutions. Valpak is at the heart of communities across North America, helping people save, businesses grow and neighborhoods thrive. Join our team. Open the Neighborhood!™
• Base salary, plus commission
• Sales bonuses
• Sales contests and incentives
• Competitive benefits
• 2+ years demonstrated outside sales ability and proven success
• Must be a results oriented self-starter and have a record of success working in a goal-oriented, highly accountable environment
• Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills, with emphasis on engagement and persuasion
• Curiosity and a true passion for talking face-to-face with local businesses, stimulating interest on their end and helping develop effective client solutions. This comes with the ability to accept rejection as part of the job and enthusiastically move on to the next potential yes - and to enjoy the wins!
• Experience in print and digital advertising sales preferred, but not required
• Understanding of traditional and digital media platforms
• Strong analytical skills
• Ability to contribute to a positive local team culture