Posted on Oct. 8, 2016
FIELD REPRESENTATIVE FOR CAREPOINT HEALTH IN NJ. HOURS MON-FRI 8:00AM - 4:30PM
The Outside Field Representative l is responsible to locate patients in the community when all attempts fail from within the office. They will also take patients to appointments, place applications and retrieve information from the patients at their homes when necessary. They are required to update information in the computer regarding their progress on accounts. Other duties will be assigned by management.
FOUNDATION KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND/OR ABILITIES REQUIRED: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* RESPONSIBLE TO LOCATE PATIENTS IN THE COMMUNITY WHEN ALL AVENUES HAVE BEEN EXHAUSTED FROM WITHIN THE OFFICE
* SCREEN THE PATIENT FOR MEDICAL ASSISTANCE PROGRAMS ONCE CONTACT HAS BEEN MADE
* OBTAIN CURRENT CONTACT INFORMATION FOR PATIENTS
* DOCUMENT ALL INFORMATION IN THE CUBS COMPUTER SYSTEM
* RESPONSIBLE TO TAKE PATIENTS TO APPLY FOR MEDICAL ASSISTANCE PROGRAMS AT GOVERNMENT AGENCIES
* PLACE APPLICATIONS FOR PATIENTS WHO ARE UNABLE TO GO THEMSELVES
* TRAVEL AS NECESSARY
* GATHER INFORMATION FROM PATIENTS NECESSARY TO RESOLVE THEIR ACCOUNTS SUCH AS MEDICAL CARDS, CHARITY APPLICATIONS, INCOME VERIFICATION, ETC
* .MEET GOALS AND OBJECTIVES AS ASSIGNED BY MANAGEMENT ON A REGULAR BASIS
* MAINTAIN CONFIDENTIALITY OF ACCOUNT INFORMATION AT ALL TIMES
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* MAINTAIN A POSITIVE WORKING RELATIONSHIP WITH THE HOSPITAL STAFF OF ALL LEVELS AND DEPARTMENTS
* MAINTAIN A NEAT AND ORDERLY WORKSTATION
* ADHERE TO PRESCRIBED POLICIES AND PROCEDURES AS OUTLINED IN THE EMPLOYEE HANDBOOK AND THE EMPLOYEE CODE OF CONDUCT.
* MAINTAIN AWARENESS OF AND ACTIVELY PARTICIPATE IN THE CORPORATE COMPLIANCE PROGRAM.
* ASSIST WITH OTHER PROJECTS AS ASSIGNED BY MANAGEMENT.
EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL/PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE RECOMMENDATIONS:
* HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA OR EQUIVALENT IS REQUIRED
* SKIP TRACING BACKGROUND IS BENEFICIAL
* 3 -5 YEARS OF MEDICAID ELIGIBILITY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
* ABILITY TO EFFECTIVELY WORK AND COMMUNICATE WITH COWORKERS, PATIENTS AND OUTSIDE AGENCIES
* ABILITY TO PRESENT ONESELF IN A COURTEOUS AND PROFESSIONAL MANNER AT ALL TIMES
* ABILITY TO STAY ON TASK WITH LITTLE OR NO MANAGEMENT SUPERVISION
* DEMONSTRATE INITIATIVE AND CREATIVITY IN FULFILLING JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
* DEMONSTRATE EXCELLENT ORGANIZATION SKILLS
* ABILITY TO PRIORITIZE MULTIPLE TASKS IN A BUSY WORK ENVIRONMENT
* RELIABILITY OF TASK COMPLETION AND FOLLOW-UP