Posted on Jun. 15, 2017
Health Insurance, 401k / Retirement Plan
You may know us as Perkins – and we are still that great company you’ve come to know and trust! However, we have a new brand and name. We were acquired by Gordon Food Service in 2012 and are now Perkins – a Gordon Food Service Company. Joining Gordon Food Service has leveraged our business and we are now part of the largest privately owned – family managed food service distributor in North America.
Gordon Food Service Company is hiring Order Selectors for our Hancock Road Distribution Center. You’ll be picking product (up to 100 pounds per case) throughout the shift and getting it ready for delivery to our customers.
AVAILABLE SHIFT TIME
• Work Days: Sunday – Thursday
• From time to time, we might need you on Friday (flexibility is important)
• Start times (Vary by work day): 5 PM – 6 PM
• End times: Until finish (typical 8-12 hour shifts)
• Ability to work overtime, weekends and holidays is required
STARTING HOURLY PAY
• $17.85/hr with potential raise
• After 120 days: pay raise based on performance and perfect attendance...AND if you are over a 100% productivity, you'll make more on your incentive pay! So you can earn even more per hour. We’ll cover those details with you in the interview.
• Benefits after 30 days!
• You must be 18 years of age or older (required)
• High school diploma or GED equivalent (preferred)
• Must be able to work holidays as required
• We have frozen products – your ability to work in extreme cold or hot conditions is required while you’re here
• Experience with hi-lo, cherry picker, forklift, or pallet jack vehicles is highly preferred
• Experience in warehouse / distribution is highly preferred but not required
• Successfully pass our drug screen and background check requirements (criminal background check, yes – we do not check your credit score)
• Valid email so we can follow up with you and let you know what’s happening next in the process
We take care of each other at Gordon Food Service. Employees love our competitive benefit plans, which include all the things you would expect and a few that you might not!