Posted on Apr. 20, 2017
***MEET OUR HIRING MANAGERS IN PERSON!!!
***Visit us on April 26th from 10:00am to 2:00pm
***Click Apply now for the location address
Advanced Disposal is NOW HIRING Maintenance Technician(s) to join their team in Lakeland, FL!!!
HS Graduate or Equivalent
Manage daily operations of a hauling/landfill/landfill company. Ensure efficient service to customers while providing a safe work environment for employees and the public
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
• Manage daily operations of the hauling/landfill/landfill company. Implement operating procedures and ensure excellence driver standards are met
• Manage department staffing levels, including safety issues/claims, hiring, training and performance management of supervisors, drivers, helpers, dispatchers, and other operations employees. Ensure positive morale of operations employees
• Interact with customers and local, state and federal government employees to resolve customer service concerns and ensure regulatory compliance standards are met
• Ensure maximum productivity and route management systems for commercial, roll off and residential routes and establishes productivity improvement goals where needed
• Responsible for the adherence to operating standards, the development of supervisory goals and objectives, and the management of labor hours and disposal expenses
• Implement and maintain an effective loss control and safety program
• Provide coaching and counseling for staff development. Train supervisors to interpret and understand productivity and other line of business reports
• Work with the General Manager and other department managers to ensure the long-term success of the division
• Approve expenses and manage the budget for the operations department including approval of purchase orders and vendor pricing. Approve the payroll of all employees under direct supervision
• Oversee and support good working relations between management and employees
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of DOT, OSHA, and other related state and federal regulations
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Strong motivation and leadership skills
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel, customers and vendors
Education: High School Diploma, GED and/or equivalent work experience
Years of Experience: Minimum of three years waste industry and/or operations experience, and two years supervisory or management experience. Experience working with routing and re-routing, or as a commercial driver
Certifications: Valid Class A or B CDL
***Please Click ‘Apply’ for LOCATION DETAILS to Meet Our Recruiters, and Submit your Resume Today!!!!
**We look forward to meeting you on April 26th!!