Posted on Aug. 27, 2018
This is a split-weekend, full-time, mid-level leadership position Sunday and Monday nights (6p-4:30a) and Friday and Saturday days (6a-4:30p)
The Operations Manager will be responsible for leading select supply chain initiatives aimed at reducing costs, improving profitability, increasing customer satisfaction, and implementing best global processes and practices.
The Operations Manager must have the experience needed to manage both hourly and salaried employees and have the skill set required to develop and grow cross-functional relationships.
Candidates must have the skills necessary to successfully master and oversee maximum resource utilization of the warehouse facility within meeting and exceeding warehouse targets of delivery performance expectations.
• Develop a strong team focus on process management and continuous improvement.
• Assigns staff and monitors flow of all trailers and other materials through the warehouse process.
• Manage, organize and encourage teamwork within the workforce.
• Keeps up-to-date with the key performance indicators and ensures targets are met.
• Briefs supervisors and team members on the issues for that particular day.
• Responsible for all quality-related issues and directs investigation claims for proper identification of root cause, incorporation of corrective actions and follow-up verification.
• Ensures quality objectives are met while operating within the allocated budget and meeting delivery deadlines by being flexible and working in the most efficient way with the given resources.
• Ensures the successful administration of human resource programs such as employee review procedures, performance evaluations and that they are conducted in accordance with company policies.
• Ensures the health, safety and cleanliness of the work environment and oversees inspection of all vehicles and machinery.
• Responsible for ensuring maximum production and optimal safety and cost-effectiveness of the entire warehousing operation. This will include directing supervisory personnel, determining workforce needs, managing all aspects of personnel training, and communicating any/all policy, procedure, delivery, reporting, and/or scheduling issues.
• Accurately administer all timekeeping, payroll, and attendance tracking for direct reports.
Education requirementsBachelor's degree from a four year college or university, or 5 or more years of experience and/or
training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience requirementsAbility to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and
procedure manuals. Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills. Ability to write routine
reports and correspondence and to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of an