Posted on Feb. 16, 2017
Health Insurance, 401K, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance
JOB SUMMARY for Operations Manager located in San Antonio, TX
The Operations Manager, under supervision of the Director of Operations, will ensure all city and transfer contracts are correctly administered. This position also assists in the development of the
local market area and interacts regularly with all Directors, Area Market Managers, service managers, drivers and customers. The Operations Manager will also report all issues and concerns requiring attention to the Director of Operations and/or to the System Managers for Roll-Off, Residential and FL/SL Container Delivery.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for hiring, driver training and residential, transport deliveries, transfer station and collection operations.
- Ensure all scheduled drivers in all systems complete each day’s work.
- Supervise all hauling company drivers and conduct inspections on all company vehicles.
- Coordinate with the central dispatch office and oversee all delivery drivers.
- Coordinate between all departments including maintenance, central dispatch, and System Managers to ensure the highest quality of service possible is being provided.
- Maintain all key performance indicators for the department.
- Maintain a level of employment in accordance with workload in order to ensure quality service and productivity.
- Ensure that the daily workload is completed in accordance with TDS policies and standards.
- Evaluates equipment quality and availability on a daily basis by communicating with the maintenance department.
- Regularly review route data and interact with drivers to ensure that TDS standards and policies are upheld.
-Conduct route observations and driver ride-alongs.
- Ensure all employees are reviewed and receive a performance evaluation at least annually.
- Monitor and control driver hours in order to limit labor expenditures and maintain Texas Department of Transportation (TXDOT) compliance.
- Review all company fleet routing software reports for accuracy.
- Review and/or investigate all accidents.
- Attend all safety meetings.
- Perform regular inspection of company vehicles.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or equivalent and five years of solid waste with facility management experience or related experience;
- Advanced operational skills, strong logistical aptitude;
- Basic proficiency in use of Internet;
- Working knowledge of all systems involved in solid waste management and disposal;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office – i.e. Excel, Word and Outlook; and
-Ability to become proficient in all TDS computer systems, including company fleet routing software.
- Texas Class B Commercial Driver’s License
- 5 years Waste Management Experience
- Class B Municipal Solid Waste (MSW) License or the ability to obtain one within three months of employment