Posted on Jun. 6, 2017
• Excellent & Competitive Pay!
• Fantastic Benefits!
Equipment Transport is seeking a qualified Diesel Technician for our facilities located in Pecos, TX .
• Perform all levels of preventive maintenance services
• Identify warrantable repairs and document on repair order
• Maintain work area appearance and safety
• Road test vehicles when necessary to diagnose malfunctions or to ensure that they are working properly.
• Perform duties with little or no supervision and in a timely and efficient manner
• Use hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, pressure gauges, and precision instruments, as well as power tools such as pneumatic wrenches, welding equipment, and jacks and hoists.
• Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings, and other important parts to ensure that they are in proper operating condition.
• Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment and machinery.
• Adjust and replace brake, tighten bolts and screws, and reassemble equipment.
• Inspect, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions
• Examine and adjust protective guards, loose bolts, and specified safety devices.
• Inspect and verify dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure conformance to factory specifications.
• Specialize in repairing and troubleshooting of major components such as engine, transmissions and differentials, to include replacing complete assemblies, turbochargers, fuel system components etc.
• Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
• Must have newer Cat and Cummings comprehension.
• Ability to use computer to troubleshoot trucks
• Must be 21 years old
• 3 to 5 years CMV diesel maintenance experience required
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Vocational/Technical or certification preferred
• Specialized training and experience in the diagnosis /troubleshooting of major components (engines, transmissions, differentials), OEM training courses, ASE Certification, and 608/609 certifications preferred
• Proficiency in the use of all tools of trade (including welding equipment, diagnostic equipment, hand and power tools) required
• Must own and or be willing to provide proper tools to work on equipment
• A valid driver’s license is required
• Current CDL license with air brake certification preferred
• Basic computer skills preferred for data entry into maintenance systems.
• Ability to work in non-climate controlled conditions required
• Willingness to travel as necessary to customer’s yards and within geographical area to conduct road side maintenance as needed.
A Diesel Technician will diagnose, adjust, and repair all company equipment including, but not limited to the following: Engines (gas and diesel), Electrical/Brake/Cooling Systems, Transmissions (manual and automatic), Clutches, Differentials/Power dividers, PTO systems, Starters/Alternators, Refrigeration systems, Air conditioning systems (including cold and hot units), Fan clutches, Engine electronics (gas/diesel), Power steering systems, and Steering gear box (manual and power).
Meet our Hiring Managers in person.
*Visit us on 6/28 from 10am to 2pm.
*Click Apply now for the location address.