Posted on Jan. 22, 2018
This position manages the office and performs administrative duties in support of the Austin staff. Core responsibilities include answering phones, accepting deliveries, visitor logging, ordering supplies and managing logistics for meetings. Additional responsibilities will be assigned upon training completion and assimilation. Those duties include assisting with accounts payable, supporting procurement processes by creating work orders and purchase orders, and developing training materials. This position reports administratively to the VP of Operations and functionally to the Controller.
Education requirementsHigh School Diploma
2 years Business College
Experience requirementsLicensed Notary Public
5 to 10 years of progressive experience as an office administrator or business/accounting clerk
Responsibilities· Maintain and update files, reports, forms, logs and procedure documents as necessary.
· Receive and pre-process invoices and validate purchase order information
· Assist Regulatory department with preparation and submittal of legal filings.
· Support accounts payable in coordinating the invoice approval process by routing invoices for approval, inputting invoice data into the accounting system and managing the final records.
· Receive monthly/quarterly accrual reports for purchase orders associated with capital projects and O&M. Validate information and contact vendors to obtain accurate cost information.
· Initiate work package creation by establishing new work orders and supporting personnel with documentation needed for approval and execution of work orders.
· Support procurement and inventory processes and related documentation needs.
· Type and proofread memos, letters, reports, contracts, specifications, procedures, policies, etc.
· Assist in processing employee training, travel arrangements, expense reimbursements, and vacation schedules.
· Maintain and distribute on-call work schedules.
· Manage the office work and vacation calendars.
· Assist office staff with time sheets and expense reports and manage a list of approved work orders for employee time tracking.
· Receive, sort, and distribute incoming and outgoing mail.
· Assist in operation and maintenance of office equipment and procure office supplies.
· Manage business meeting logistics and meal arrangements.
· Arrange conference calls as needed, answer incoming calls and record phone messages.
· Record and publish minutes of office meetings as required.
· Maintain a vendor/contractor contact list and coordinate meetings for office personnel as requested.
SkillsStrong competencies in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
Previous experience with work management and document management software is a plus