Posted on Feb. 8, 2018
Do you want to learn ABA and provide best practices for children with autism spectrum disorder?
The Autism Treatment Center is now hiring for an Occupational Therapist in our fast growing Medicaid outpatient facility specializing in the treatment of Autism Spectrum Disorder.
The Occupational Therapist provides comprehensive diagnostic services to patients referred for services due to possible deficits with fine motor development/coordination, possible deficits with gross motor development/coordination, orthopedic abnormalities and/or neurological impairment. With physician referral and approval, treatment plans are implemented to address deficits identified in any, or all of these areas. Goals are set to move the individual toward his or her maximum level of independence and/or function to meet appropriate developmental milestones.
Experience requirementsPhysical Requirements:
• Capability to lift, guard, transfer and maneuver patients of all sizes and weights, utilizing assistance or special equipment as needed on a recurring basis and in a safe manner.
• Manual dexterity and visual acuity to safely apply all necessary modalities and operation of equipment.
• Must be able to follow written procedures and verbal directives
• Must have adequate hearing and speech to effectively direct and re-direct the therapy program.
Qualifications• Meets the education and experience requirements for a Certificate of:
o An accredited Occupational Therapy program
o Must possess a Texas License to practice Occupational Therapy
• Meets the educational requirements for certification and is in the process of accumulating the supervised experience required for certification.
• Competent to treat pediatrics and adolescents diagnosed with Autism Spectrum disorder and/or related disorders.
• CPR certification for all age groups.
Work hoursFull time, part time, and contract work available with a competitive salary
We have a growing program w/competitive salary, benefits and fun atmosphere. Apply today!