Posted on Sep. 13, 2016
Community Coordinated Child Care (4-C) is a non-profit organization that develops a comprehensive approach to coordinating child care services in the local community. For over 40 years, 4-C has supported and enhanced child care and continues its tradition of supporting families by coordinating a vision of a high quality early childhood care system available to all children and families.
Our agency is looking for an experienced Nutrition Manager, paying an annual salary based upon required qualifications and experience and skills. This position will be responsible for supervising the department staff and managing the activities of the Food Department.
The qualified candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Nutrition or Home Economics or a related field. Display an understanding of current state and federal regulations which govern the CACFP and state regulatory regulations governing family child care and child care centers and minimum of 3 years supervisory experience and/or 3 years’ experience in a child care program.
Regular work hours are Monday – Friday 8:30-4:30, BUT the candidate MUST also be available AT LEAST ONCE A MONTH to work EARLY MORNING HOURS of 6:30 – 7:00 am, to observe the serving of a breakfast meal AND AT LEAST ONE LATE EVENING HOURS of 5:30-7:30 pm to observe the serving of a dinner meal.
The Essential duties are, but not limited to:
• Responsible for compliance with state and federal requirements which govern the agency’s sponsorship of family child care homes and child care centers participating in the Child and Adult Care Food Program.
• Plan and execute family child care recruitment activities and programs which support family child care providers in the 4-C Kentucky service areas.
• Develop funding proposals, contracts and reports to funding organizations quarterly and annually as required.
• Hire, train and supervise food program staff and CACFP area consultants.
• Participate in the planning and implementation of 4-C programs and policies as a member of the Leadership Team.
• Organize data and methods of maintaining current data and review all CACFP monitor reports to assure program compliance.
• Develop provider training curriculum materials and perform monitor visits and initial provider training when required.
• Coordinate food program goals and objectives with other 4-C programs and staff.
The Nutrition Manager must have excellent written and verbal communications skills, ability to organize and motivate staff, display an understanding of current state and federal regulations which govern the CACFP and state regulatory regulations governing family child care and child care centers, good computer skills and a Driver’s license and regular access to vehicle covered by liability insurance.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with an organizational culture committed to serving all members of our community. We offer a competitive salary and have a comprehensive benefits package that includes, health, dental, vision, retirement and paid time off.
To Apply by Email:
1. Fill out the "Quick Apply" Form and select "Apply Now"
2. Select email to email employer directly your resume and cover letter