Posted on Oct. 13, 2017
Full Time, Part Time, Contractor
$42,000.00– $74,000.00 Annually
Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401k / Retirement Plan
Meet our Hiring Managers in person on October 24th, 2017.
Careers at Chapters Health
As a leading employer throughout west-central Florida, we offer the opportunity to grow personally and professionally with an expansive range of employment opportunities at:
• Good Shepherd Hospice in Hardee, Highlands and Polk Counties
• HPH Hospice in Pasco, Hernando and Citrus Counties
• LifePath Hospice in Hillsborough County
• HPH Home Health in Pasco and Pinellas counties
• Chapters Health System
• Chapters Health Palliative Care
• Chapters Health Pharmacy
• Chapters Health Staffing
Education requirements• Must be a graduate of an approved school of nursing. Currently licensed Registered Nurse under Chapter 484, Florida Statutes.
Experience requirements• Minimum of one year of general nursing practice.
Qualifications• Must demonstrate adequate knowledge of clinical situations unique to providing services to the homebound elderly population.
• All clinical staff must have and maintain CPR.
• Evidence of adequate health status to allow performance of duties and be free of communicable disease.
• Ability to learn and apply principles of current health care practice and professional training, develop and follow physician's orders and produce accurate records of activities and services provided.
• Ability to organize work procedures, assume responsibility and effectively supervise appropriate staff.
• Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state or organization requirements and is in good working order.
• Self-directed and able to work with minimal supervision
• Demonstrates excellent observation, problem solving, verbal and written communication skills; nursing skills per competency checklist.
• Computer proficiency.
• Proven Leadership skills.
• Clinically proficient (including all IV therapy pumps, PCA pumps, feeding tube pumps, etc.).
• Maintains required continuing education for licensure.
• Prolonged or considerable walking or standing.
• Able to lift, position, or transfer patients. Able to lift supplies and equipment.
• Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, or crouching.
• Must be able to see and hear adequately to respond to auditory and visual activities relative to the performance of job duties.
• Lifting greater than 25 pounds.
• Ability to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Coping with demands (stresses) that are associated with the job and/or the work environments so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution can be maintained.
• Interaction with physicians, patients, family members, employees and volunteers.
• Normal walking between offices and departments.
ResponsibilitiesThe staff Registered Nurse is a qualified person who provides direct skilled care nursing services to patients in the home setting. The RN also coordinates care and services for a designated group of patients in the role of case manager. The RN supervises the Licensed Practical Nurse staff and Home Health Aide staff as required by regulation and policy.
SkillsPhysical Requirements / Environmental Conditions
• The employee may spend greater than 75% of their shift in an environment that is not controlled by the Agency. In a client's home the employee may be (and often is) exposed to unsanitary conditions, cigarette smoke, pets, allergens, or other hazards that may pose a safety risk.
• The employee may be exposed to all weather conditions that are common to the service area and may be required to work in client's homes where the temperature may not be controlled.
• The employee may be exposed to communicable diseases, blood borne pathogens and/or hazardous materials.
Work hours• Various Shifts.
We look forward to meeting you!
Please click 'Apply' for location or submit a resume.