at Via Mobility
Posted on Dec. 23, 2017
Full Time, Part Time
Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance
No CDL Required!!
Paid Training & Benefits!
We are hiring for Full Time and Part Time non-CDL Bus Drivers in Denver.
The Access-a-Ride Motor Vehicle Operator is responsible for safely operating and transporting the public on this paratransit and door-to-door motor vehicle transit service.
NOW OFFERING HIGHER PAY RATES!
Training Pay: $12.00/hr
Released to Service Pay: $15.00/hr
Plus Shift Differentials
NEW LONGEVITY BONUSES!
$200 at 60 days
$200 at 120 days
$200 at 180 days
• Minimum 21 years of age with driver's license and clean MVR
• Must able to pass pre-employment DOT physical, drug screen and background check.
Via is a full-spectrum mobility manager offering paratransit, travel training and mobility options information and referral services. Via also provides a wide range of community and group educational resources related to transportation for older adults, people with disabilities and others living with mobility limitations.
• Report to work on time and in proper uniform as outlined in the Policies and Procedures Manual.
• Maintain a strong attendance record.
• Possess a valid Colorado Driver License and Department of Transportation medical card.
• Perform pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections as instructed by the Safety & Training - Coordinator per Via's Standard Operating Procedures.
• Possess a functional knowledge of the service area.
• Maintain a good rapport with the general public, provide door-to-door assistance and appropriately perform safety precautions with riders with disabilities and/or special needs.
• Complete daily manifests (schedules), daily transportation logs, contract sheets, incident reports and other recorded information, as required.
• Review schedule prior to leaving base to clarify any schedule, client, route, address or special need(s) information. Follow driving schedule as per daily assignment sheet, which includes additional assignments and/or changes as conveyed by the dispatch department.
• Responsible for proficiency and safety in operating all wheelchairs, wheelchair lifts, tie-down systems, radios, and special equipment on Via vehicles.
• Responsible for cleanliness on both the inside and the outside of the vehicle.
• Other responsibilities, as assigned.
• Must be able to pass a DOT physical examination.
• Must maintain a valid DOT medical card.
• Must possess a valid Colorado Driver License.
• Must possess and be able to maintain a clean Motor Vehicle Record.
• Must have a reliable work history with strong attendance and punctuality records.
• Must have a neat appearance and a sincere desire to work with any level of the general public.
• Sit in driver's seat for long periods of time.
• Use full range of sense of hearing including tone, pitch and volume when operating a transit vehicle, using two-way radio and assisting passengers and the public.
• Use full range of sense of speech including annunciation and projection when using the two-way radio and assisting passengers and the public.
If you are looking for an opportunity to work for an organization dedicated to providing a valuable service that impacts those you serve, we want to talk to you!
QUICK APPLY to email your resume today!
after clicking the orange apply now button,
Address and map to Denver office is provided to submit your application in person.
Or Submit your application online by clicking the provided EMPLOYERS CAREER WEBSITE link.
For more information: call the number provided. 'Apply Now' for phone number.