Posted on May. 8, 2017
Job Title: Night Shift Order Picker
Primary Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Schedule: Night Shift Full Time, 5 days a week (ability to work Weekends, Holidays, and Overtime)
Benefits: Competitive Pay, Health/Dental/Vision Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, 401k with Company Match, Paid time off (Vacation, Sick, Company Holidays), and Employee Discounts
The primary function of the Order Picker is to receive, store, and distribute materials, tools, equipment, and products within establishments by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: Order Picker will perform the following duties, including, but not limited to:
• Reads customer order, work order, shipping order, or requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed.
• Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as location, size, type, style, color, or product code.
• Sorts and stores perishable goods in refrigerated rooms.
• Fills requisitions, work orders, or requests for materials, tools, or other stock items and distributes items to production workers or assembly line.
• Assembles customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets or shelves, or conveys orders to packing station or shipping department and prepare for shipping.
• Marks materials with pick labels identifying information.
• Opens bales, crates, and other containers.
• Weighs or counts items for distribution within plant to ensure conformance to company standards. Assists in billing process.
• Loads or unloads delivery trucks as needed.
• High School Diploma/GED required, OR one to three months related experience.
• Ability to read/write and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondences, and memos.
• Ability to effectively communicate in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees.
• Basic math skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide).
• Ability to use a scan gun.
• Employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 35lbs and occasionally lift and/or move items over 50lbs.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception, and Ability to adjust focus.
• While performing the employee is regularly required to stand and frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk to hear and taste or smell.
The Chefs’ Warehouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.