Posted on Oct. 10, 2016
Teacher – MUSIC ELEMENTARY
Division: Licensed Personnel Services
Terms of Employment: 9 Months
FLSA STATUS: EXEMPT
This is a salaried position assigned to the Clark County School District (CCSD) Teacher Salary Schedule.
POSITION SUMMARY: The teacher will implement into daily student instruction appropriate educational curriculum
based on the Nevada State Standards, CCSD Curriculum Essentials Framework (CEF), and the CCSD Elementary
Music Orff Curriculum Key and Samplers. The teacher will create and maintain an educational atmosphere that
encourages effective student learning and supports school and district programs and goals. The teacher should
demonstrate appropriate musical skills in singing, playing keyboard/recorder/guitar, movement and understanding of the
Orff, Kodaly and Dalcroze music processes and methodologies. This person will be expected to adhere to the CCSD
Professional Domains and Standards for Licensed Employees and report directly to the school site administrator.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of Essential Duties and Responsibilities is not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
1. Administer appropriate district curriculum which is aligned with the Nevada State Standards.
2. Ensure the opportunity for all students to learn in a supportive environment.
3. Create and maintain a positive and orderly learning condition in the music environment.
4. Develop and implement the Components of an Effective Lesson for instruction.
5. Analyze student progress and provide appropriate instruction.
6. Provide a classroom management/discipline plan ensuring safety at all times.
7. Ensure assessment regulations and guidelines are followed at all times.
8. Develop a classroom/school climate that promotes positive learning conditions.
9. Work professionally with administrators, staff, parents, and community.
10. Integrate technology into the instructional program.
11. Ensure developmentally appropriate skills and activities are implemented.
12. Participate in other job-related duties and activities related to the position as assigned.
1. Demonstrate knowledge, skill, and ability to provide instruction in an elementary music setting with appropriate
musical skills for singing, playing, conducting, and musical literature necessary for the implement of the CCSD
Music Orff Curriculum through the Orff, Kodaly and Dalcroze methodologies for elementary music instruction.
2. Work cooperatively with students, parents, peers, administration, and community members.
3. Guide the learning process toward achievement of curriculum goals.
4. Establish and communicate clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects.
5. Employ a variety of instructional techniques and strategies aligned with instructional objectives, in order to meet the
needs of all students.
6. Participate as an active member with other faculty and staff.
7. Maintain accurate and complete records as required by law and district policy.
8. Maintain and improve professional competence.
9. Communicate effectively both written and orally.
10. Perform other job-related duties as assigned by principal.
2 of 2
1. Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited college/university.
Licenses and Certifications:
1. Must possess, or be able to acquire, a Nevada teaching license issued by the Nevada Department of Education.
2. Hold an endorsement in K-8 Music Education.
When applying for a certificated licensed position, candidates must meet the minimum qualifications as listed on the
appropriate position vacancy announcement as well as this job description.
Apply online, see apply method, click on "APPLY NOW" for website address and to complete online application.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION / EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
This employer does not knowingly discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age,
disability, or national origin.