at Circle K
Posted on Sep. 9, 2016
Primary responsibilities include merchandising, budget controls, staffing, merchandise variation and store profitability. Additional key responsibilities include establishing revenue and expense objectives, implementation of marketing programs, performance management, evaluation and professional development of direct reports. This position has the financial and operational leadership responsibility for 5 - 16 stores in a geographic area. The Market Manager supports the company goals by focusing on personal/store accountability, customer service, work efficiency of store operations and his/her direct and indirect reports.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Maximizes store sales through excellent customer service, product availability, and merchandising and exceptional store image inside and out
* Provides information to store management by recapping promotional activity; reporting business opportunities, results, trends and competitive information
* Manages controllable costs by educating managers on procedures for controlling merchandise variation, managing salaries, overtime, cash, repair and maintenance costs
* Collaborates with the Marketing team to ensure promotions and new product introductions are fully implemented
* Provides feedback to category managers regarding stock issues
* Partners with vendors to ensure product is available
* Timely execution of monthly promotions.
* Ensures vendor's performance and behavior is professional
* Ensures store operations are profitable by managing cash and merchandise variation, salaries, and other controllable expense lines on the P&L
* Ensures compliance with requirements by enforcing adherence to policies and procedures, and government regulations; enforces and monitors restricted sales policies; advises management of needed actions
* Protects employees, customers and company assets by maintaining a safe and secure working environment enforcing safety and food safety practices; providing safety communication and training
* Achieve financial objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing an annual budget,
scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions
* Conducts ongoing direct report performance coaching and training and takes disciplinary measures when necessary. Ensures proper documentation of all disciplinary measures per Company process
This is not an exhaustive list of job duties and functions of this position. Associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor’s degree in business or related field preferred. Other combinations of job related experience and education that meet the requirements may be substituted.
* Three to five years of retail business experience or more preferred; including minimum of two years of management responsibility.
* Must have demonstrated leadership ability, good communication skills (orally and in writing in English), be self-directed, self-motivated and customer service oriented.
* Ability to supervise and train Store Managers in areas of personnel management, store equipment and tools and materials. Ability to supervise and manage the functions listed in the SM job description.
* Expertise with MS Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word preferred.
* A current valid driver's license is required to operate a company vehicle.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and/or hear. The employee frequently is required to use his/her hands in order to handle or grasp items of varying weight. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with both hands and arms. The employee may also be required to:
* Occasionally lift and/or carry up to 30 pounds from the ground to overhead
* Occasionally lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds from the ground to waist
* Bend and twist at the waist
* Ability to push and pull with arms up to a force of 20 pounds. (i.e. utilizing a hand truck).
* Ability to climb a ladder to store or retrieve materials, place and/or replace signage.
* Ability to stoop, squat, and kneel.
* Exposure to extreme hot or cold temperatures.
* Ability to reach overhead to grab objects.
* Ability to operate computer keyboard for data entry.
* Ability to communicate (orally and in writing)
* This position requires operating a motor vehicle 50% of time
The physical requirements described herein are essential functions of this job. The Company complies with all federal, state, and local laws concerning the employment of persons with disabilities, including providing reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with a disability so they can perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so creates undue hardship.
Job duties may change with or without notice
Employee Saving Plan