Posted on Sep. 25, 2016
Underwrite first and second mortgage loans
1. *Underwrite first and second mortgage loans for various lenders according to their prescribed guidelines, using DU/LP and any other automated underwriting engines
2. *Review and approve conditions for compliance and completion of loan file
3. *Maintains current knowledge of lender and investor requirements
4. *Resolve post closing issues as they relate to underwriting
5. *Assists in the development of policy, procedure, process flows and integration of new clients
6. *Assists processors in understanding underwriting decisions and conditions
7. *Must be able to meet established minimum daily expectations for this position.
8. This position may require frequent over time, at times on a daily basis; must be available to work additional hours on short notice as determined by management to meet client service level agreements
9. Perform other related duties as assigned or directed
* Essential Functions
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) plus 8-10 years previous mortgage underwriting experience or equivalent work experience.
JOB RELATED EXPERIENCE :
Thorough working knowledge of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac underwriting guidelines and automated underwriting engines.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS :
Ability to sit for extended periods of time. Ability to use computer keyboard and view monitor for extended periods of time.
FUNCTIONAL AREA SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE :
Thorough knowledge of desktop underwriter and loan prospector. Knowledge of most common computer software products. Strong customer service, communication, organization and problem resolution skills, as well as detail oriented.
ISGN is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
ALL CANDIDATES WHO HAVE RECEIVED A WRITTEN OFFER OF EMPLOYMENT WILL BE REQUIRED TO UNDERGO A COMPANY PAID DRUG TEST. FAILURE TO SUBMIT TO THIS TEST AND/OR TO SUCCESSFULLY TEST NEGATIVE WILL RESULT IN WITHDRAWAL OF THE APPLICANT\'S JOB OFFER.
ISGN PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY AND WE WILL PROVIDE THE SOCIAL SECURITY ADMINISTRATION (SSA) AND, IF NECESSARY, THE DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY (DHS), WITH INFORMATION FROM EACH NEW EMPLOYEE\'S I-9 TO CONFIRM WORK AUTHORIZATION.
It is the policy of this Company to seek and employ qualified individuals at all locations and facilities, and to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees in recruiting, hiring, placement, training, compensation, insurance, benefits, promotion, transfer, and termination. To achieve this, we are dedicated to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, and other eligible veterans.
ADDITIONAL JOB NOTES:
JOB SKILL CODES: