Posted on Nov. 21, 2016
Performs a wide variety of clerical and administrative support in Real Estate Lending. Coordinates the processing and closing of mortgage loans being sold on secondary market and portfolio home loans. Provides backup support to other mortgage loan personnel when necessary. Exercises independent judgment under moderate supervision. Conducts relationships and activities consistent with established Bank policies, procedures and systems, the corporate code of conduct, Bank Secrecy Act and all applicable State and Federal laws and regulations.
• Consistently demonstrate proficiency in providing exemplary customer service in person and by telephone. Maintain a friendly, positive, and professional attitude. Resolve difficult situations with tact and diplomacy.
• Operate a variety of office administration equipment such as PC, typewriter, copy machine, FAX machine, calculator, printer, etc. Utilize computer software applications such as word processing, spreadsheet, Outlook, and Internet.
• Advise Supervisor of problems with procedures, policies, improper calculations, deadlines, and other problems.
• Handle routine administrative details for the Real Estate department including various requisitions and service calls on equipment.
• Maintain neat and orderly work area and ensure that all confidential records are secured and/or disposed of properly.
• Attend all required training.
• At least two years of experience in mortgage loan processing, gained within the past 3 years
• Prior lending experience is REQUIRED.
• High school education or equivalent.
• Knowledge of modern office practices and procedures; accurate grammar, spelling, punctuation and standard English usage; business correspondence formats, record keeping and filing methods; basic math calculations. PC skills required; knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook preferred.
• Ability to sort, cross-index, and file correspondence, reports, records and other materials according to alphabetical or other acceptable organization methods.
• Must possess good judgment and organization skills, the ability to prioritize, and handle confidential information.
• Ability to deal effectively and courteously with a large number of associates and members of the general public.
• Ability to read, write, and speak English. Effective oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to interpret and follow variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form and complete assignments without detailed directions.
• Ability to independently plan, prioritize, organize and complete work in an efficient manner. Ability to work quickly and accurately. Attention to detail required.
• Willingness to assume additional responsibilities/duties/projects as they arise.
• Ability to maintain regular and punctual attendance.
• Ability to operate office equipment including computers, calculators/adding machines, telephones, voice mail, electronic typewriters, copy machines, and FAX machines.