Posted on Nov. 18, 2016
Performs a wide variety of clerical and administrative support in Real Estate Lending. Coordinates the closing of mortgage loans being sold on secondary market and portfolio loans. Provides backup support to other Real Estate loan personnel when necessary. Exercises independent judgment under moderate supervision. Conducts relationships and activities consistent with established Bank policies, procedures and systems, the corporate code of conduct, Bank Secrecy Act and all applicable State and Federal laws and regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Closing residential loans:
• Prepare closing documents for all secondary market loans and 1-4 family portfolio loans.
• Review Settlement Statements for accuracy, and technical exceptions; reports exceptions to immediate supervisor.
• Coordinate delivery of closing packages to title companies.
• Responsible for booking closed loans, disbursement of loan proceeds, and sending required documents for recording.
• Deliver original notes and addendums on secondary market loans to Central Mortgage Company for funding.
• Distribute mortgage rates to key personnel and display rates on the Intranet daily.
• High school education or equivalent.
• At least two years of experience in real estate lending is required.
• Knowledge of modern office practices and procedures; accurate grammar, spelling, punctuation and standard English usage; business correspondence formats, record keeping and filing methods; basic math calculations. PC skills required; knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook preferred.
• Ability to sort, cross-index, and file correspondence, reports, records and other materials according to alphabetical or other acceptable organization methods.
• Must possess good judgment and organization skills, the ability to prioritize, and handle confidential information.
• Ability to deal effectively and courteously with a large number of associates and members of the general public.
• Ability to read, write, and speak English. Effective oral and written communication skills
• Ability to interpret and follow variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form and complete assignments without detailed directions.
• Ability to independently plan, prioritize, organize and complete work in an efficient manner. Ability to work quickly and accurately. Attention to detail required.
• Willingness to assume additional responsibilities/duties/projects as they arise.
• Ability to maintain regular and punctual attendance.
• Ability to operate office equipment including computers, calculators/adding machines, telephones, voice mail, electronic typewriters, copy machines, and FAX machines.