Posted on Sep. 20, 2017
We Are Blood serves over 40 hospitals and medical facilities in a 10 county area. Our mission is to provide and protect the community blood supply, to inspire Central Texans to save lives locally, and to always treat everyone we serve as family. When you work here, you’re a vital part of helping to ensure that all Central Texans have access to life-saving blood when they need it!
We are currently hiring a Mobile Supervisors to join our Mobile Team. This technician will manage teams and determine donor eligibility, performs phlebotomy techniques, and manages adverse donor reactions at blood drives across Central Texas.
1. Administration of basic supervisory functions: Anticipate and respond to organizational needs; plan for contingencies; organize/oversee processes and employees to promote a lean environment; lead and motivate staff; ensure thorough/effective dissemination of information; ensure timely and appropriate reporting of all Worker’s Compensation exposures, illness, or injuries; maintain open lines of communication with employees and operations manager; ensure compliance with organizational and industry policies and procedures; ensure proper maintenance of the donation site and equipment according to SOP (daily quality control and housekeeping procedures and routine/preventative maintenance); coordinate/ oversee work flow; ensure satisfactory levels of Mobile supplies and equipment
2. Employee development: Provide timely and tailored training, feedback, and constructive criticism to improve and expand upon employees’ technique and knowledge; advise mobile operations manager of issues/trends involving employees; execute on-the-spot corrections as needed; provide timely and progressive counseling aimed at correcting performance problems; participate in the performance appraisal process of employees by maintaining notes on individual employees throughout the year and constructing fair, effective, unbiased, and factual performance comments; cultivate an environment of teamwork
3. Determine donor suitability according to SOP: Register donors; conduct/document medical history interviews; perform/document vital signs (pulse, blood pressure, hematocrit and temperature) [Applies to cross-trained employees. Cross training of employees will occur at the Mobile manager’s discretion.]
4. Perform whole blood and automated phlebotomy techniques on allogeneic, donors according to SOP: Vein selection; preparation of aseptic phlebotomy site; labeling of collection materials; venipuncture; sample collection; donor escort
5. Record Keeping: Accurately record donor phlebotomy results in electronic database or legibly on donor record and review electronic/hard copy documentation, according to SOP
6. Respond to donor reactions according to SOP: Identify/treat symptoms, monitor/perform vital signs (pulse and blood pressure) and accurately document the reaction
7. Behavior: Meet and exceed Life Is In Your Hands program expectations and Own It! Demonstrate actions consistent with role model behavior and attainment of We Are Blood goals; report to work according to department schedule and comply with organizational timekeeping policy
8. Perform special projects and other duties as assigned by mobile operations manager
•High school diploma or equivalent
•Minimum of 2-4 years blood center experience, preferably in phlebotomy; prefer experience with ALYX or other automated collection system; college education or supervisory experience may substitute for blood center experience
•1-2 years supervisory or management experience
•Superior verbal and written communication skills; excellent customer service skills
•Ability to lift up to 25 pounds unassisted
•Ability to maintain high attention to detail & make sound judgments in a busy/distracting environment
•Ability to read/follow SOPs and to maintain complete/accurate records
•Ability to make priority determinations, and work without direct supervision
•Must be CPR Certified
•Must be at least 25 years of age, have a valid Texas driver’s license, proof of insurance, and an acceptable driving record; and be able to obtain a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) within 6 months of employment.
Interested in our organization, but not this job? Check us out at www.WeAreBlood.org to find out how you else you can be a part of our Family.
EEO Employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled