Posted on Jun. 15, 2017
Are you seeking an opportunity that makes a difference? Are you passionate about meeting new people? Do you want to have an impact in your community, across the country, and around the world? If your answer is “yes”, then we invite you to become a Phlebotomist for the American Red Cross!
No experience necessary – our paid training is a mix of classroom instruction and field practice.
From transporting and setting up blood collection equipment at work sites, to drawing blood from donors, as a Phlebotomist-Driver with the American Red Cross you will work all aspects of blood drives at schools, offices, churches & other community locations throughout the surrounding areas.
Phlebotomist-Driver - Responsibilities:
• Balance production, donor care & quality requirements to meet daily blood collection goals
• Take the time to personally connect with donors – listen to their stories and help them understand the value of their donation
• Be detail oriented all day, every day, to ensure that the blood you collect meets regulatory requirements and can be safely transfused
• Remain flexible to work a variable schedule that includes early start times, late end times, weekends & holidays to meet the needs of our blood drive sponsors and donors
• Take care of your team members – show up for every shift and give 100% while you’re there
• Contribute to a friendly and fun environment. Team up with your co-workers to keep our donors coming back again and again
• Interact in a positive, proactive, and customer-focused manner with both internal and external customers, demonstrating care and compassion at all times
The aforementioned responsibilities of the Phlebotomist-Driver describe the general nature and level of work and are not an exhaustive list.
Ready to Apply?! Click "Apply Now" to submit your information to our recruitment team. Interviews are being scheduled now!
Please note - applicants must reside in one of the following locations in order to qualify for this role:
New Jersey: Toms River, NJ - Ocean County, Trenton, NJ - Mercer County, Neptune City, NJ - Monmouth County, New Brunswick,
NJ - Middlesex County, Somerville, NJ - Somerset County, Allerton, NJ - Hunterdon County, Oxford, NJ - Warren County, Morristown, NJ - Morris County, Elizabeth, NJ - Union County, West Orange, NJ - Essex County, Jersey City, NJ - Hudson County, Hackensack, NJ - Bergen County, Paterson, NJ - Passaic County, Newton, NJ - Sussex County
Pennsylvania: Norristown, PA or Collegeville, PA - Montgomery County, West Chester, PA; Downington, PA; Phoenixville, PA - Chester County, Chester, PA; Darby, PA; Media, PA - Delaware County, Reading, PA - Berks County, Lancaster, PA; New Holland, PA; Leesport, PA - Lancaster County
Why the American Red Cross?
We offer employee growth and development, an incomparable team spirit and a comprehensive benefits package inclusive of health and 401K.
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• 1 year of Customer service experience, effective verbal communication, and public relations skills are required
• Experience driving large vehicles strongly preferred
• Medical assistant or phlebotomy training preferred but not required
• A current, valid driver's license and good driving record is required.
• Basic computer skills are desirable
• DOT certification may be required in some locations.
• Physical requirements may include the ability to lift, push or pull heavy weights up and down ramps and stairs, good manual dexterity, the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and adapt to long, irregular hours and frequent schedule changes is required.
As one of the nation’s premier humanitarian organizations, the American Red Cross is dedicated to helping people in need throughout the United States and, in association with other Red Cross networks, throughout the world. We provide almost half of the nation’s blood supply, as well as humanitarian relief at home and abroad. Our focus is to provide compassionate patient and family-centered care both internally and externally with every person we encounter. If you share our passion for helping people, join us in this excellent career opportunity.
To learn more about the life-saving impact our employees have every day, watch the short videos below.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.