Posted on Sep. 19, 2016
Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Disability Insurance, 401k / Retirement Plan
The Blood Center of Central Texas is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization. Founded in 1951, our mission is to safeguard the community’s gifts of blood with uncompromising quality and excellence in customer service.
We are looking for a Phlebotomy Technician to join our Mobile Team. This position determines donor eligibility, performs phlebotomy techniques, and manages adverse donor reactions at blood drives around the Austin area.
• Providing outstanding customer service to donors, coworkers, guests and contracted partners to ensure the best possible donation experience and working environment.
• Processing and accurately documenting allogeneic whole blood donations according to SOP: registration, medical history interviews and vital signs, phlebotomy.
• Responding to donor reactions according to SOP: Identify/treat symptoms, monitor/perform vital signs and accurately document the reaction.
• Loading/unloading equipment and supplies from the mobile vehicle.
• Assembling/disassembling the donation site at blood drives.
• Maintaining all equipment and the donation site by performing daily quality control processes, routine/preventive maintenance, and housekeeping procedures.
• HS diploma or equivalent.
• Experience in phlebotomy and/or taking vital signs is preferred; certification as a phlebotomist, medical assistant, EMT, paramedic or LVN is a plus.
• Possess excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
• Able to communicate effectively with team members and blood donors.
• Basic computer skills needed.
• Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs. unassisted.
• Open availability needed. Must be able to work flexible hours to include nights, weekends, and holidays.
Interested in The Blood Center, but not this job? Check us out at www.inyourhands.org to see how you else you can be a part of our organization.
EEO Employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled