Posted on Jul. 7, 2017
Full Time, Part Time
Merchandisers work in local stores to keep Coca-Cola products fully stocked on the shelves. This position is primarily responsible for maintaining product availability and merchandising products at all designated accounts.
Required Skills and Experience:
• Requirements include, must be at least 18 years of age or meet the minimum state legal age requirements,
• Must have six (6) months of work experience (for example working in a distribution warehouse environment, roofer, farmhand, grocery dock, construction, manipulating patients in a hospital/nursing home or physical therapy environment, or other positions which require continuous heavy lifting which deals with multi-temperature.),
• Must have reliable automobile transportation, maintain an acceptable driving record and valid driver license, and maintain auto insurance coverage at least to the minimum amount specified by the Company and state law.
• High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required.
• The employee must be able to lift products from 25 lbs. to 50 lbs. on a regular basis.
• Position must pass a post offer drug test, Pre-Work Screen, and background check.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• Beverage industry experience
• Prior customer service experience in solving customer issues/problem solving preferred.
• 1 year experience working with manual or powered pallet jacks.
• Straddle stacker certification.
• Powered pallet jack certification.
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
• Maintains product in Store racks, shelves, displays, and coolers by identifying replenishment needs; transporting product between backroom and display floor with manual equipment (for example, pallet jack, handtruck); utilizing hand tools; replenishing, facing, and rotating product; building, changing, and taking down product displays; maintaining product signage; cleaning product space; and securing damaged or defective product.
• Manages backroom by organizing and consolidating backstock (product); identifying, monitoring, and reporting backstock inventory levels; evaluating and processing damaged or defective product; re-packing product; organizing backroom materials (for example, pallets, product shells); operating powered equipment (for example, straddle stacker, powered pallet jack) and manual equipment (for example, pallet jack); completing Store documentation; and cleaning backroom.
• Maintains areas of responsibility in designated accounts by communicating status and concerns to Store and Company personnel; identifying and reporting unsafe working conditions; attending and completing Company training and certifications; following
• Company and Store policies regarding backroom, display floor, replenishment, equipment, and safety; following applicable local, state, and federal laws; utilizing a mobile device to complete work activities; and operating a motor vehicle.
• Provides customer service to Consumers and Store personnel by identifying and resolving concerns; answering questions; locating product; and responding to assistance requests.
• Other projects or duties as assigned
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
• Ability to repetitively lift, carry, and position objects weighing up to 50 pounds without assistance.
• Ability to repetitively push and pull objects weighing up to 50 pounds without assistance while kneeling; squatting; reaching above the head; reaching at the waist; reaching below the knees; and bending at the knees.
• Ability to repetitively push and pull manual transport equipment (for example, pallet jack, handtruck) containing product loads a minimum of 100 yards without assistance.
• Ability to repetitively grasp and manipulate objects of varying size and weight requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
• Ability to exert oneself physically over sustained periods of time to complete job activities.
• Ability to read information in small, medium, and large print.
• Ability to stand a minimum of 6 hours during the workday.
• Ability to walk a minimum of 4 miles during the workday.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the nature of our business in regard to such things as delivery schedules, order inputs, selection, and Department of Transportation Hours of Service, overtime, attendance and punctuality are essential job functions. Should an individual in this classification not be able to adhere to this requirement due to a disability, they should contact their Human Resources department to see what, if any, reasonable accommodation may be made.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Drug Free Workplace.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Reyes Holdings companies will recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications. Our Practices and Procedures, including those relating to wages, benefits, transfers, promotions, terminations and self-development opportunities, will be administered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status and all other classes protected by the Federal and State Government. Drug Free Employer.