at Amsted Rail
Posted on Mar. 1, 2018
Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K
Melting & Foundry Supervisor
Grove Port, Ohio
Amsted Rail-Griffin Wheel, the leading manufacturer of railroad wheels in North America, is currently seeking a qualified individual for the position of Melting & Foundry Supervisor for our Groveport, Ohio foundry.
Must have a Bachelors degree in Operations, Business, Supply Chain or related field. 5-7 years of equivalent and related work experience.
Demonstrated experience leading a production staff, melt room or foundry operations team
Experience in heavy industrial manufacturing environment.
Position Reports to: Melting Superintendent
Supervises 10-18 personnel including melting and foundry team leaders and production hourly workers
Manages a payroll from $390,00 to $715,000 per year
Responsible for the supervision and direction of charging furnaces, melting, tap-out, pouring molten metal into the ladle, pouring of wheels and splitting molds, and mold preparation. Also responsible for maintenance of equipment and repairs and relining to the ladle and preparation of furnaces.
Challenges to the position include: Maintain accurate charge make-up and temperatures meeting AAR specifications, making changes (adding alloys and additives) as necessary so as not to have an off-analysis heat; motivate and supervise subordinates.
Major interactions include: team leaders in coordinating the tapping of the furnace with the pouring operation; pouring stand and mold processing; Maintenance Supervisor for repairs of equipment and machinery avoiding production delays: Manager, Human Resources and Safety regarding attendance records, safety issues, disciplinary action, time cards, etc.; Storeroom personnel in acquiring needed supplies.
1. Schedule, coordinate and supervise the melting, pouring, and mold preparation operations on a shift in order to meet production requirements and objectives
2. Supervise and coordinate manpower requirements.
3. Schedule and direct the repair and relining of the furnace and ladles in conjunction with the Supervisor, Melting.
4. Select, train, and motivate a competent work force to assure an efficient, cost-effective operation.
5. Maintain safety and good housekeeping standards.
6. Participate in grievances at the first step to promote good working relationships with employees and fair and equitable solutions for the Company.
7. Perform other duties as required.
We also offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. Job offer contingent on background check and physical including drug screen.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/H/V