at We Are Blood
Posted on Jun. 28, 2018
Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Disability Insurance, 401k / Retirement Plan
We Are Blood is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization. Founded in 1951, our mission is to provide an protect the community blood supply, to inspire Central Texans to save lives locally, and to always treat everyone we serve as family.
We are hiring a Medical Technologist to help perform all patient testing functions and donor processing. This includes, but is not limited to, viral marker EIA testing, ABO testing, antibody screens and work-ups, antigen testing and cross-matching, as well as RPR and CMV testing. You will have a direct impact on our mission and will ultimately help save lives in our community. Even better, you will work in a great environment with smart people that care about the work they do!
• Accurately label blood components that are available for distribution.
• Work as a team member to ensure the efficient release of safe blood products.
• Diligently and accurately follow all procedures for testing, maintenance, safety, and quality control.
• Assist the laboratory management to maintain adequate stock and supplies through careful monitoring of reagent usage and placement of new reagent stock.
• Bachelors of Science in Medical Technology (or equivalent) and hold a NCA or ASCP Certification as a Medical Technologist or Blood Bank Technologist.
• Will also consider candidates with an Associates of Science degree and hold a Medical Lab Technician or Blood Bank Technologist certification.
• Must be able to work Sun – Wed alternating Mon -Thurs, with alternating hours. Must be able to maintain on-call responsibilities and flex set schedule to include evenings or alternate days of the week as needed.
• Must be at least 21 years of age, have a valid TX driver’s license, proof of vehicle insurance, and an acceptable driving record.
• Must be able to work in an area where bio-hazardous elements can exist.
• Familiarity with cGMP, AABB and FDA regulations is desired.
Interested in our organization, but not this job? Check us out at www.WeAreBlood.org to find out how you else you can be a part of our Family.
EEO Employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled