Posted on Sep. 6, 2016
Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401k / Retirement Plan
Medical Assistant - St. Petersburg, FL
If you are searching for a dynamic, leading-edge company that is focused on providing quality care for our patients and growth opportunities for our employees, you've found the right place!
Our reach extends from the Tampa Bay to Orlando to South Florida, including primary care centers (JSA Medical Group and HealthCare Partners South Florida) and pharmacies (AmeriDrug).
We have won numerous workplace awards including one of Modern Healthcare Magazine's Top 100 Best Places in Work in Healthcare and Top Places to Work for numerous years.
Our employees work in a safe, caring, primary-care environment with the support of a strong corporate team.
The Medical Assistant is responsible to the Center Administrator and provides simple routine patient care within his/her level of training and functions under the direction/guidance of the clinical supervisor and the physician in accordance with relevant state statutes.
• Under direction and supervision of physician, administers immunizations, EKGs, ear washes, and other patient services.
• Greets patients in courteous and polite manner.
• Assists in simple office and minor surgical procedures.
• Assists with the education of the patient and/or family as directed by the physician. Contacts patients as needed to give testing results instructions from the physician and scheduling of necessary visits.
• Conducts all front office functions as requested.
• Answers telephone inquiries and triage calls.
• Maintains patient medical records in accordance with JSA policy and maintains proper assembly of medical records.
• Responsible for all laboratory duties including drawing, spinning, prepping blood for testing and maintaining appropriate logs.
• Maintains equipment and adequate stock levels of consumables in laboratory area. Acts as liaison between all independent lab services and the center.
• Monitors OSHA compliance of center laboratory.
• Enters all test requisitions and encounters in the computer.
• Performs venipuncture and administers medications as required under the direction of a physician.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High school graduate, GED or equivalent
• Preferred: Graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant program with a valid MA school certificate OR Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) OR Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) OR 2 – 5 years of practical clinical experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Ability to perform EKGs
• Preferred: Strong phlebotomy skills
• Ability to communicate effectively with patients and all levels of personnel in a professional, courteous and effective manner with excellent customer service skills
• Must be able to display excellent telephone/switchboard etiquette
• Ability to multi- task in a high paced environment with good organizational skills
• Ability to evaluate patient needs, administer prescribed medications, assist physician with examinations and treatment, prepare and apply dressings, and instruct patients in health measures and self-care as instructed by the physician
• Ability to follow written and oral instructions and to work with general guidance
• Demonstrated clerical skills (typing, filing, telephone courtesy)
• Working knowledge of basic Medical Assistant principles and practices
• Ability to document and report findings and observations
• Knowledge of medical equipment and maintenance
• Ability to provide on-site emergency treatment within scope of practice
• Knowledge of HIPAA regulations
• Medical office experience preferred
• Knowledge of medical coding preferred
• Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language fluently
• Ability to travel may be required
Please click 'Apply' to submit resume and be considered for this position!