Posted on Jun. 19, 2017
Meet with Recruiters In Person
Wednesday, June 28th
10 am to 2 pm
Click Apply Now for Location Details!
C&J Energy Services is one of the most dynamic companies in the oilfield services industry. We are an energetic, fast-moving leader, offering the most in-demand services and operating in the hottest shale regions. Our company went public in 2011 and has since grown more than 400%. Our rapid success allows us to offer great opportunities at all levels of our company, which is why the best people in the business want to join our ranks. Perhaps you will be the next.
POSITION TITLE: Mechanic -- Entry Level
LOCATION: (Various Locations)
REPORTS TO: Maintenance Manager
FLSA CLASS: Hourly, Non-Exempt
DEPT: Repair Shop & Yard
JOB NAME: Mechanic
Under strict supervision, the entry level Mechanic, learns and performs basic safety and repair procedures on company equipment, using basic hand tools and basic operations to include but not limited to: Performing pre and post job inspections, basic P.M. inspections and repairs as well as completing preventative maintenance and repairs.
* Pass the company's drug screen.
* Pass the company's "Physical Functions Assessment". (if applicable)
* Motor vehicle record qualifies individual to be an approved company driver.
* Acceptable criminal history.
* Ability to read, write and speak English to the extent that they are able to understand verbal and written instructions as well as give verbal and written instructions in English; and the ability to use simple mathematical calculations using whole numbers, fractions and decimals (addition, subtraction, division and multiplication) to make job related calculations.
* On the job experience as a mechanic preferred but not required.
* Must possess a working knowledge of basic hand tools
* Basic Computer Skills are preferred
1. Perform basic PM inspections and properly complete required paperwork.
2. Assist with all day-to-day maintenance goals.
3. Study basic electronics used on all company equipment
4. Develops skills to operate specific equipment and to identify, maintain and troubleshoot equipment -- cooling system, differentials, bulk air systems, transmissions and be able to identify low and high PSI iron.
5. Completes brake inspections including repairs, adjustments and certification
6. Work under strict to moderate supervision with little or no flexibility in regards to work methodology. Job duties are highly defined and repetitive in nature.
7. Continually emphasize safety. Participate or lead safety meetings, hazard hunts and ensures JSA's are followed.
8. Know, follow and periodically review the requirements established by job policy and procedure. Follow established procedures and guidelines
9. Report unsafe acts, conditions or hazards immediately
10. Follow instructions given by supervisory personnel.
11. Requires maintained eligibility to drive company vehicles.
12. Develops an understanding of district goals and works towards meeting those objectives.
13. Performs work on his/her own as well as provides assistance to other employees as directed.
14. Must participate in all company provided training.
15. Maintains compliance with public laws and company policies.