Posted on Mar. 2, 2018
Mechanical Engineer Entry Level
Spears Manufacturing in Sylmar California, a world leader in the manufacturing and distribution of plastic valves, fittings and pipe since 1969. We have an immediate opening for an entry level Mechanical Engineer. This is a career position with an American company with plants across the country.
• Competitive Salary
• Comprehensive Benefits
• Long Term Future with room to grow
Job duties entails;
• Establishing and maintaining Bill of Materials for new and existing products
• Learning parts numbers and product lines
• After you are more experienced you will modify existing parts including tooling as directed by senior team members.
• Under supervision of senior team members you will design new parts, tooling and mold bases as needed.
• Other projects may include fixture and tool designs for second operations reporting directly to the Engineering Manager.
• Using 3D CAD make changes to parts and tooling as directed, prepare part tooling drawings using CAD as directed.
What we are looking for;
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Ability to follow instructions from senior team members
• Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
• 0-2 years’ work experience and have strong verbal and written skills
• Team player with strong computer skills and technical skills
• Experience with Solidworks and FEA software a big plus
We are an EOE employer