Posted on Sep. 29, 2017
$22.00– $28.00 Hourly
Health Insurance, 401k / Retirement Plan
S & J Precision, Inc. is a family owned expanding machining facility in New Albany, Indiana. Our company is a leading manufacturer of our type of capital equipment products with domestic and international customers. We have both the technology and decades of experience as a premiere manufacturer and we are an authority in our products market place. We offer a complete line of products that is unequaled by any other manufacturer.
Now Seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer!
The Mechanical Design Engineer will work within the Engineering department utilizing SolidWorks to design complex systems that integrate weldment frames, linear slides, pneumatic actuators, valves, belt and chain conveyor systems, servo and electromechanical drive motors, guarding and safety components. You will work closely with electrical technicians, mechanical assembly personnel and machinist to have an impact across the entire development and design projects.
If you are looking for an opportunity where you are much more than a number this could be your ideal opportunity.
Please reply with resume and salary requirements.
See apply buttons.
Education requirements• MET degree preferred, AS Mechanical Design combined with experience considered.
Experience requirements• 5+ years of relevant mechanical product design experience.
Qualifications• Proficiency with Solidworks or other 3D design software, solid mechanical aptitude and ability to conceptualize new process’
• Working knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
• Working experience with pneumatics, linear motion products, conveyors and drives, equipment safety products.
• Proactive and structured approach to projects and responsibilities
• Must be a self-starter with initiative to come up to speed quickly and get the job done
Responsibilities• The Mechanical Design Engineer performs concept, design, analysis, and development of mechanical or structural shapes and forms for the Automation Machinery industry.
• Works in a team effort environment to produce drawings accurately and consistently dimensioned in the manner prescribed by company standards. This includes SolidWorks software use or other systems as required.
• Performs basic and advanced Computer aided calculations to assure materials are sized properly to standards, and are structurally sound.
• Applies “Design for Manufacturing" guidelines to company standards in all design and drafting performed.
• Maintains project schedules and Job BOM’s and Master Files during design stage of projects.
• Maintains overview of production schedule & engineering projects required to complete the schedule.
• Prepares & completes drawings, BOM’s and product specifications in accordance with the requirements of the production schedule and manufacturing data required.
• Liaises with engineering personnel to ensure that all issues are considered.
Skills• Must have a friendly, outgoing personality & show evidence of leadership skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Good organizational and time management skills
• Positive attitude with excellent interpersonal skills
• Must be able to work independently and in teams
• Proven ability to work effectively under pressure