Posted on Aug. 31, 2017
The Mechanic performs maintenance on all company assets, overhauls minor components and replacements and assists all mechanics, mechanic helpers and technicians with electrical, hydraulic, computer diagnostics. This position also assists technicians with major overhauls on major components, performs scheduled and unscheduled preventative maintenance and responds to service and road calls.
• Wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) when and where required.
• Perform preventive maintenance or repairs on company assets according to work pending reports, VCR reports, PM schedules, and the direction of the Maintenance Team.
• Document repair operations and time-tracking in accordance with company procedures.
• Requisition parts as necessary.
• Perform failure analysis and reporting findings to maintenance management.
• Ensure work area is clean and neat.
• Maintain service truck readiness including safety equipment, tools, equipment, and cleanliness.
• Assist co - workers with diagnostics and repairs.
• Comply with company safety policies and with applicable state and federal regulations.
• Report immediately any safety violations and correct unsafe acts or conditions.
• Conduct technical inspections and document findings.
• Maintain repair order documentation to include repair description, parts used, and repair times.
• Perform monthly inventories as required.
• Must possess own tools.
• Other duties as assigned.
• 3 – 5 years of heavy truck or equipment maintenance experience including experience performing maintenance on Class 8 trucks and heavy equipment, or at least 10 years’ industrial and heavy equipment maintenance experience;
• Working knowledge of hydraulic systems;
• Must have effective time management skills; and
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must have a valid Texas Class C driver’s license
• Texas Class B Commercial Driver’s License
• ASE Certified
• Formal diesel and heavy equipment training
• Graduate of an accredited technical school 2-year program
Click on Apply Now!