Posted on Apr. 19, 2017
Basic Energy Services is now hiring Mechanics!
Troubleshoots, diagnoses, repairs, reconditions and services oil field equipment, systems and components to ensure continuous operation with all appropriate regulations, and Basic’s policies, practices, and procedures. This is a safety sensitive position.
Major duties to include one or more of the following:
• Performs diagnosis and provides consultation for problems on various types of oil well service equipment based on reports from the field
• Checks mechanical equipment to diagnose trouble, adjusting functional parts of mechanical devices as necessary or determines other actionable steps to resolve issues
• Performs required repairs and preventative maintenance on equipment
• Consults with DOT drivers at checkpoints to assist in resolving problems as necessary
• Acts as liaison between drivers and management in resolving mechanical issues
• Cleans, lubricates, or adjusts parts equipment, or machinery
• Travel may be required to the field to conduct repair work
• May be required to work outside of normal work schedule to meet customer needs
• Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills Required:
• Must have knowledge of hydraulics, electrical, pneumatics and rebuilding components
• Minimum 3 years’ experience as mechanic
• Must have experience in using hand tools
• Must be able to communicate with all levels of employees
• Must pass pre-employment drug and alcohol screening as well as background check
• High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education
• ASC certified
• Bilingual (English/Spanish)
Occasional lifting and carrying of 10-50 lbs may be necessary when performing repairs to equipment both in the yard and in the field
May be required to enter tight spaces or other areas by the use of ladders or other access devices
Physical activity including long periods of standing, squatting, kneeling, reaching or similar activities may be necessary
Typical working conditions and hazards:
Work is performed in all weather conditions and may be either in a shop environment or outside in the field in all temperatures.
Able to perform duties with protective equipment, H2S respirator where required
Potential hazards include working near or with heavy tools and moving machinery
Potential exposure to loud noises, airborne toxins, solvents, flammable atmospheres and industrial chemicals
Reach your full potential..............
Basic offers interesting and challenging opportunities for dynamic individuals who want to be part of the exciting oilfield services industry.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value and individual contributions of every employee.
• Highly competitive salaries
• Benefits programs
• Performance-based financial rewards
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Environment