Posted on Jul. 7, 2017
Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, 401K
• Examines the vehicle and discusses with supervisor or other mechanics the nature and extent of the damage or malfunction.
• Plans work procedure, using charts, technical manuals and experience.
• Raises vehicle, using hydraulic jack or hoist, to gain access to mechanical units or parts attached to underside of vehicle. Removes units, such as engine, transmission or differential, using wrenches and hoist. Disassembles units and inspects parts for wear, using micrometers, calipers, and thickness gauges.
• Repairs or replaces parts, such as rods, gears, valves, and bearings, using mechanics hand tools. Overhauls or replaces blowers, generators/alternators, starters, and pumps.
• Reconditions parts such as brake drums and rotors using lathes and micrometers. Relines and adjusts brakes, aligns front end, repairs or replaces shock absorbers.
• Replaces lights and instruments. Replaces and adjusts headlights, and installs and repairs accessories, such as radios, mirrors, heaters and windshield wipers.
• Drains fluids including oil, transmission, differential, radiator, etc. into appropriate receptacles using hand tools to remove plugs, caps, etc.
• Cleans units as required. Installs replacement parts such as oil, fuel and air filters, belts, hoses, caps, windshield wipers, bulbs and lenses, and other routine maintenance items as needed or scheduled.
• Refills radiator using proper mixture of water and antifreeze. Checks and refills all other fluid levels according to recommended fluid types and levels. Inspects, tests, repairs and recharges air conditioning and heating systems. Inspects, tests, repairs or replaces hydraulic system components.
• Lubes vehicle using lube gun. Replaces grease fittings as needed.
• Performs multi-point safety checks on vehicle such as tire tread depth and wear patterns.
• Accurately and timely completes check lists and other related paperwork.
• Test-drives vehicle to ensure work orders and assigned maintenance tasks have been properly and safely completed.
Reports to: Shop Foreman.